California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
September 1976 Issue - 18 Articles
- Reagan's Kansas City blues, pp. 290-292
Was Reagan denied the VP slot so he wouldn't nudge Ford out of the spotlight? The price...
- Westlands's Brody and the land monopoly, pp. 293-296
The law limits farms benefiting from water projects to 160 acres. Where's the enforcement?
- Troubled unemployment fund, pp. 297-298
Unemployment insurance reserves are under dual attack: inflation and a labor-prone appe...
- Waxman, Berman and the bagel boroughs, pp. 299-301
Formula for victory: take ethnic politics, add a computer, money, and lots of volunteers.
- Caucus by hugo, p. 302
- Pauline Davis: one-of-a-kind, pp. 303-305
Well known for her independence, the Assemblywoman's retirement will leave an unfillabl...
- A Graphological solution to Jerry Brown, pp. 306-307
- Seven grades for legislators, p. 308
- The powerful stay powerful, pp. 309-310
The Political Reform Act of 1974 (Prop 9) didn't change the lobbyist pecking order - it...
- Brown's fast-fund formula, pp. 311-312
- The state's savings and loan, pp. 313-315
Among the duties of the new Housing Finance Agency was to create new housing for the po...
- Capsules, p. 316
- Beads and bandannas on the arts council, pp. 317-319
- Why not open a law school?, pp. 320-321
- Roll Call, pp. 322-323
- Court decisions, p. 324
- Newsmakers, p. 324
- Letter, pp. 325-326