California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
October 1976 Issue - 15 Articles
- Party caususes' power (or lack of it), pp. 330-332
Some lawmakers explain votes as caucus positions . . . how do caucuses fit into the pow...
- Lawyers for the middle class, pp. 333-336
Is the state bar doing a number on Californians by keeping certain lawyers down and fee...
- Fall election analysis: Presidency plus, pp. 337-341
November's election may find California the key to the Presidency, and it may be sayona...
- Suitt-McCandless duel in the sun, p. 342
The 75th Assembly district race is a hot target for both sides of the legislative isle.
- Why environmentalists pick Carter, pp. 343-344
Conservationists rate Carter a natural, Brown a potential and Ford a disaster.
- The golden lure of the Mojave Desert, pp. 345-347
The land fraud scam in San Bernardino is a new version of the pea under the walnut shell.
- Caucus by Hugo, p. 348
- Liability-insurance panic, pp. 349-350
High premiums, high court awards and lots of lawsuits combine for the latest social pro...
- Newsmakers, p. 351
- Capsules, p. 352
- Emergency? Dial 911, p. 353
- Roll call, pp. 354-355
- Courts, p. 356
- Letter, p. 357
- Ballot Proposition Analysis
Betting at the dog track and Cesar Chavez' latest quest are among the 15 proposals anal...