California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
August 1976 Issue - 17 Articles
- Bringing parks to people, p. 254
- Democratic convention aftermath, pp. 255-257
What Jimmy Carter has to fear from Reagan in 1976 - and Brown in 1980.
- East Bay coalition politics, pp. 258-261
Dellums and his friends have put together all the makings of a new-style political mach...
- Caucus by Hugo, p. 262
- The Governor's 1978 opponent?, pp. 263-265
San Diego's Pete Wilson takes on the unions and the environment - and maybe Jerry Brown.
- The rising voice of the education consumer, p. 266
- Coastline conservation deadline, pp. 267-268
Special interests want their sacred cows protected in the coastal bill. Which will be d...
- Brown's welfare patchquilt, pp. 269-270
Some new small programs have been sewn in but, otherwise, it is a covering of recycled ...
- Welfare in the courts, pp. 271-273
Welfare-rights advocates sue while the Administration procrastinates to save precious b...
- Capsules, p. 274
- The disappearing surplus, pp. 275-276
Ken Meade's dying swan act produced a pool of money for the state's schools.
- Dilemma in the Delta, pp. 277-279
Another environmental paradise is caught in a balancing act between man's needs and nat...
- Inhibiting the initiative, pp. 280-281
The politicians are playing with the purest form of democracy left in our system.
- Roll Call, pp. 282-283
- Court decisions, p. 284
- Newsmakers, p. 284
- Letter, pp. 285-286