California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
August 1975 Issue - 16 Articles
- Reagan vs. Brown for President?, pp. 264-266
Sure it sounds far out at first hearing, but not so many months ago so did Congressman ...
- A minority opinion on Prop.9, pp. 267-270
Political reform as a danger to democracy? The author worries about that and the fact t...
- Incarceration of the innocent?, pp. 271-273
California juvenile justice may be a model of progressivism nationally - but that refle...
- Caucus by Hugo, p. 274
- The short-changed housing bill, pp. 275-276
Trumpeted as a billion-dollar panacea for the depressed construction trades and the ill...
- Brown's first budget, pp. 277-278
Just what does the new Governor's first spending document signify besides the evaporati...
- Newsmakers, p. 279
- Why the schools still need money, pp. 280-282
There are fewer students and rising assessments, but somehow the fiscal bind tightens.
- Aid for the arts, p. 283
Everyone, or almost, seemed eager to do something to help. The results were killing.
- Clipping a thorny Rose, pp. 284-285
- The universities' new challenge, pp. 286-287
The end of growth has set in for real on the state's campuses, but old times die hard, ...
- What the colleges should become, pp. 288-289
- Newsbriefs, p. 290
- Court actions, p. 291
- Roll call, pp. 292-294
- National perspective, pp. 295-296