California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
January 1974 Issue - 18 Articles
- Welfare showdown, p. 4
Reagan over a barrel
- Paradise Lost, pp. 5-6
The vanishing state surplus
- New Capitol, pp. 7-9
'A tabernacle to ourselves'?
- Where the Sacramento elite meet to eat, p. 10
- Two-year session, pp. 11-12
Success or failure?
- State's return to the Job-hunting business, pp. 13-14
"Human resources development" may have been a grand idea, but it turned up fewer and fe...
- Final reapportionment plan -- or is it?, pp. 15-21
The Supreme Court made only minor changes to the map submitted by the special masters, ...
Governing Los Angeles
- Mayor Bradley's quest for 'leadership', pp. 22-23
- Why everyone wants to be supervisor , pp. 24-27
- Surprise conclusions on local government structure, pp. 28-31
Governor Reagan formed a task force a year ago to see if duplication and waste couldn't...
- Campaign '74, pp. 32-33
Who will go to the starting gate?
- DMV's struggle to meet demand for driver's licenses, p. 34
- Newsbriefs, p. 35
- Court actions, p. 36
- California calendar, p. 37
- Selected reports, p. 37
- Newsmakers, p. 38
- A personal perspective, pp. 39-40