Blueprint/The New Democrat Archives
Blueprint/The New Democrat • 7 Years, 27 Issues, 547 Articles, 1,760pp
Jan/Feb 2003 Issue - 31 Articles
- Editor's Note, pp. 1-3
Where We Stand
- Class Warfare, pp. 4-5
Bush's latest tax plan is just another scheme to redistribute income from the middle cl...
- What It Takes to Win the White House, pp. 6-9
So you want to be president? You're about to start the biggest job interview of your li...
- Home Front List, pp. 10-13
- What We Believe, p. 14
It's tiem to set an agenda for America's forgotten majority. We believe in promoting A...
- Democrats Come Back, pp. 15-18
National security must top the list of Democratic priorities if the party is to be hear...
- The Folly of Tactics Without Message, p. 19
The 2002 election was a painful wake-up call. It's time for Democrats to offer a credib...
Ideas We Like
- Trade Emissions Now, p. 20
- Getting Real on Homeland Security , p. 20
- The Right Stimulus Package , p. 21
- Leave No One Economically Behind , p. 21
- How the Hill Was Lost: Two analysts for the Cook Political Report examine the 2002 election and come to a startling conclusion, pp. 22-24
America remains equally divided between Democrats and Republicans. What makes this surp...
- Tax Debate, pp. 25-27
Democrats shouldn't play the tax cut game on Bush's terms. They should put forward thei...
- The Atkins Diet: Dr. Atkins Budget Revolution, pp. 28-29
More meat, less starch
- The Politics of Ideas, p. 30
Tax waste, not work
- Playing with fear, pp. 31-32
- Electing a technology president, pp. 33-34
- Why people need affordable cars, pp. 35-36
- Rx for success, p. 37
- A call to service in a time of war, p. 38
- Bill Bratton's new challenge, pp. 39-40
- The Vital Center, p. 41
Culture & Politics
[+] Breaking Ranks (2 Reviews) , p. 42
The Rage and the Pride, by Oriana Fallaci
- The Rage and the Pride by Oriana Fallaci
- Why Orwell Matters by Christopher Hitchens
[+] The political buffet of 2002 (Review) , pp. 43-44
The Best American Political Writing 2002, by Royce Flippin
- The Best American Political Writing 2002 by Royce Flippin
- What Works, p. 45
Welfare to (steady) work
New Dem Digest
- A capital loss, p. 46
Bush's dividend proposal would make state investments dramatically more expensive
- Interview, p. 47
A conversation with Stamford, Conn., Mayor Dan Malloy
- Resources, p. 48
Capsule reviews of recent books, and an Idea of the Week from NDOL.org
- People, pp. 49-50
Govs. James McGreevey of New Jersey and Mark Warner of Virginia confront budget deficit...
- Electoral Snapshot, p. 51
Battle for the 'burbs
- Political Memo, pp. 52-54
Democrats need a bold stroke