Blueprint/The New Democrat Archives
Blueprint/The New Democrat • 7 Years, 27 Issues, 547 Articles, 1,760pp
July/August 2001 Issue - 28 Articles
- Publisher's Letter, pp. 1-3
Welcome to the new Blueprint
Where We Stand
- Bridging the cultural divide, pp. 4-5
Democrats can redraw the political map with an inclusive message and a pro-opportunity ...
New Dem Digest
- People policy & politics, p. 6
British Prime Minister Tony Blair rides Third Way themes to victory
- Interview, p. 7
A conversation with Sen. Joe Lieberman on e-government
- People, pp. 8-9
Profiles of Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana, New Hampshire Gov. Jeanne Shaheen, King County, ...
- Research, pp. 10-11
Mapping the metro New Economy
[+] Resources (3 Reviews) , pp. 12-13
Capsule reviews of new books and Internet tools
- Taking Trade to the Streets by Susan Ariel Aaronson
- Rethinking Special Education for a New Century by Chester E. Finn, Jr., Andrew J. Rotherham, and Charles R. Hokonson, Jr., ...
- The Reinventor's Fieldbook by David Osborne and Peter Plastrik
- Online, p. 14
Choice cuts from New Democrats Online, the DLC Web site
- Communities, pp. 15-16
Indianapolis has become a proving ground for New Democrat innovation
- Guest Column, p. 17
The Moose is Loose
- The White Male Problem, pp. 18-23
Most don't vote Democratic, but many can be won back
- Faith Matters, pp. 24-29
With common sense and respect for others' choices, Democrats can reconnect with religio...
- Changing the Gun Debate, pp. 30-33
Owning a gun isn't evil. Democrats must find the balance between gun rights and respons...
- The Marriage Gap, pp. 34-39
How to make family values and moral renewal Democratic issues
- Filtering E-Porn, pp. 40-41
Give parents, schools, and libraries the tools to protect our children
- Seizing the Latino Moment, pp. 42-45
Hispanics are the fastest-growing constituency in America. They should be Democrats
- Why We Need to Build Biracial Coalitions, pp. 46-49
To end racial gerrymandering, Democrats must show that whites will vote for black candi...
- The Military Challenge, pp. 50-54
The officer corps votes overwhelmingly Republican. That's not only bad for Democrats, i...
- The Politics of Ideas, p. 55
The Next Big Thing
- Fix the Tax Bill, pp. 56-57
How to remedy a tax cut that has several good features but also busts the budget in dev...
- A new look at an old debate, pp. 58-59
Why Congress should give Bush trade promotion authority
- When Republican moderates walked the earth, pp. 60-62
People forget that centrism has a storied history in the GOP
- The Vital Center, p. 63
Who's soft on crime now?
[+] Self-Hate Overdose (Review) , p. 64
A review of In Therapy We Trust by Eva S. Moskowitz
- In Therapy We Trust by Eva S. Moskowitz
[+] Etzioni's Latest: A review of Next (2 Reviews) , p. 65
The Road to the Good Society and The Monochrome Society by Amitai Etzioni
- Next by Amitai Etzioni
- The Monochrome Society by Amitai Etzioni
- Humor, p. 66
The Horizontal vs. The Washington Way
[+] Excerpt (Review) , p. 67
from The Next Deal
- The Next Deal by Andrei Cherny
- Political Memo, pp. 68-70
It's values and the economy