The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
April 2001 Issue - 29 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 4-9
- More Money in Politics Now! The Editors, pp. 10-11
- An End to Federal Plundering?, pp. 12-13
When the Feds arrest your property, innocence is no defense
- Conservatives Grow Up, p. 14
Bush's tactics don't incite fears of betrayal
- The Taxmen's Union, p. 15
The world's high-tax governments pledge solidarity forever
- Local Loop: NASDAQ Noose, pp. 16-17
Clinton-Gore's internet socialism is choking the technology sector and holding down the...
- Deadly Green, pp. 18-20
In his final days Clinton protected vermin a lot more dangerous than Marc Rich
- On Consoling Democrats, pp. 21-23
Tax cuts needn't make them miserable, if Mr. Bush shows them the upside
- John Perry Barlow: The Spectator Interview, pp. 24-29
Grateful Dead Lyricist and Republican, rancher and computer visionary, John Perry Barlo...
- California Unplugged, pp. 30-37
How many environmentalists does it take to screw up a lightbulb? The origins of Califor...
- Silicon Power Play, pp. 38-46
High-tech demand for electricity crashed California. Now those high-tech companies are ...
- A Reputation for Good, pp. 47-50
How did Ken Starr go from one of the country's most respected jurists to one of the mos...
- A Map to Nowhere, pp. 51-56
When scientists mapped the genome, they thought they had written the book of life. too ...
- The Outlook, pp. 57-58
The Great Debate
- Lift off, p. 59
Chorum's Chorus of Light
- Opportunities, p. 60
It's the Denominator, Stupid
- Fatal North, pp. 61-71
How do you survive, without a ship, trapped on an ice floe in the arctic? Beset by infi...
- The Artistry of Dean Mitchell, pp. 72-79
Growing up poor, Dean Mitchell had to save his lunch money for art supplies. it paid of...
- Ben Stein's Diary, pp. 80-82
Hooked on Power
- The Talkies, pp. 83-85
Brian Eaters and Breast Beaters
[+] Killer Woman Blues (Review) , pp. 86-87
Killer Woman Blues, by Benjamin DeMott
- Killer Woman Blues by Benjamin DeMott
[+] The Faber Book of Smoking (Review) , p. 88
The Faber Book of Smoking, by James Walton
- The Faber Book of Smoking by James Walton
[+] Bowling Alleys, And Trailer Parks: Redefining the Good Life in Postwar America (Review) , p. 89
Diners, Bowling Alleys, and Trailer Parks, by Andrew Hurley
- Diners, Bowling Alleys, and Trailer Parks by Andrew Hurley
[+] A Painted House (Review) , pp. 90-91
A Painted House, by John Grisham
- A Painted House by John Grisham
[+] Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy (Review) , pp. 92-93
Basic Economics, by Thomas Sowell
- Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
[+] The Future of Success (2 Reviews) , pp. 94-95
The Future of Success, by Robert B. Reich
- The Future of Success by Robert B. Reich
- White Collar Sweatshop by Jill Andresky Fraser
- The Talkies, p. 96
The Worst Book of the Year
- Current Wisdom, p. 97
Dodge Ball and the Damned
- Last Call, pp. 98-100
The Enquirer Way