The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
July 1999 Issue - 24 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 8-9
- Correspondence, pp. 10-11
Bowen, Bok, Sowell, &c.
- On the Prowl, pp. 12-13
- Public Nuisances, pp. 14-17
Peace Now;What's New?
- Capitol Ideas, pp. 18-21
Liberals Go to War
- Russo-American Nuclear Cities, pp. 22-27
Russia using U.S. money to build nuclear and biological weapons, for itself and such ro...
- Mister Connerly Comes to Florida, pp. 28-35
Ward Connerly wants to end racial preferences in a key political state. Fearing a backl...
- The Other China, pp. 36-41
Repression and corruption continue, yet China grows freer, more prosperous, and more mo...
- The Children Strike Back, pp. 42-47
Littleton has drawn vast attention from press and experts. Their explanations of the ki...
- Culture Vultures, pp. 48-49
Our Post-Television War
- Presswatch, pp. 50-51
- Constitutional Opinions, pp. 52-53
Keep On Truckin'
- The Smoke-Filled Room, pp. 54-55
Kosovo's Hidden Costs
- Ben Stein's Diary, pp. 56-59
Public Emmy No. 1
- The Balkan Spectator, pp. 60-61
West of the War
- Spectator's Journal, pp. 62-63
A Phony Alliance
- The Nation's Pulse, pp. 64-65
All Too Human
- Politics, pp. 66-67
Al Gore's War on High Tech
- The Talkies, pp. 68-69
[+] Hello Again to All That (Review) , pp. 70-73
The First World War, by John Keegan
- The First World War by John Keegan
[+] Lies, Distortion, Betrayal---and Tunnell Vision (2 Reviews) , pp. 74-79
Betrayal, by Bill Gertz
- Betrayal by Bill Gertz
- Distorting Defense by Stephen P. Aubin
- Current Wisdom, pp. 80-81
- Last Call, pp. 82-83
Forget It, Jake
- Cover illustration