The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
December 1987 Issue - 28 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, p. 8
- Correspondence, p. 9
- Editorials/Cheers!/Woodward Unveiled/A Grand Lady, p. 10
- Captiol Ideas/I Hate to Spoil the Party, pp. 11-13
- The Great Relearning, pp. 14-15
The twentieth century is over
- The Message of the Microcosm, pp. 16-20
A computerized world economy does not care about budget deficits or trade imbalances or...
- Astonishing Moments, pp. 21-26
Distinguished observers select the single most astonishing development of the last twen...
- America in the Year 2007, pp. 27-31
We'll be lots older, paying huge taxes, producing less and less, unless...
- Let's Be Honest About Vietnam, pp. 32-35
If we are to have a foreign policy, liberals and conservatives cannot go on politicizin...
- An Anti-War Memoir, pp. 36-40
I was a grade-school liberal
- Books for Christmas: An American Spectator tradition continues, pp. 41-49
Holiday gift suggestions from eminent readers and writers
- The Third World/Doomed, pp. 50-51
- The Automobile/The Love Affair Continues, pp. 52-53
- The Personal Computer/Hack Away, pp. 54-59
- The Press/Our Oldest Profession, pp. 60-61
- Mikhail Gorbachev/A Lonely Visionary, pp. 62-63
- Washington/A World Apart, pp. 64-65
- The Supreme Court/The Worst Is Over, pp. 66-68
- Poetry/Another Victim of Creative Writing, pp. 69-71
- Terrorism/A New Sense of Professionalism, pp. 72-73
- The Sexes/The Endless Chase, pp. 74-75
- Television/I'd Rather Not, p. 76
- 2007/The Year in Review, pp. 77-79
- Baby Boom Influences, pp. 80-86
Some of our brightest young writers pay tribute to their mentors and describe the miles...
[+] Mencken's Letters (3 Reviews) , pp. 87-93
The Dreiser-Mencken Letters, by Theodore Dreiser, H.L Mencken, and Thomas Riggio, ...
- The Dreiser-Mencken Letters by Theodore Dreiser, H.L Mencken, and Thomas Riggio, ...
- Mencken and Sara: A Life in Letters by Marion Elizabeth Rodgers, H.L. Mencken, and Sara Haardt, ...
- Ich Kuss Die Hand by H.L. Mencken and Peter W. Dowell
- I Remember Bloomington, pp. 94-101
Former residents and employees recall a fabled Midwestern hamlet
- Twenty Years of Current Wisdom, pp. 102-112
- Cover Drawing