The American Enterprise Archives
The American Enterprise • 10 Years, 68 Issues, 2,217 Articles, 5,684pp
Show MoreShow AllFinding...Find More
April/May 2003 Issue - 31 Articles
- Bird's Eye
Karl Zinsmeister, pp. 4-7
Unchain our schools!
- Sidelights, pp. 8-9
Nashville Marineland. Trial by combat. Listerine over ice. Frying spam. Rt. 666. Anothe...
- Scan: Short news and commentary, pp. 10-14
Roman America. Peaceniks in living color. Northern segregation. Propaganda U. Truth abo...
- Indicators, p. 15
Can government be cut? Out-taxing the Europeans. Biotech food saves lives.
- Forward Observer
James Glassman, p. 16
when judging a business, earnings are an opinion---cash flow is a fact
Grover Norquist, p. 17
The growing investor class is discovering who its friends are
- "Live" with TAE
Ward Connerly, pp. 18-21
Ward Connerly is America's most ardent proponent of colorblindness, a successful grassr...
Don't do me any Favors
- A black case against race preferences
John McWhorter, pp. 22-23
- Racial Groupthink is Un-American
Jim Sleeper, p. 24
- The Polite Bigotry of Pity
Deroy Murdock, p. 25
- The Supreme Court's Previous Dodge
Kenneth Lee, p. 26
- Give the Decision Back to Congress
Lino Graglia, p. 27
- Black America's Real Albatross: The Schooling Gap
Jane Mack-Cozzo, pp. 28-29
For African Americans to succeed on campus, their earlier education will have to improv...
- The Key to Closing the School Gap: School Choice
Clint Bolick, pp. 30-33
School choice is not only a crusade to improve American education, it's a centerpiece o...
- School Vouchers and Suburbanites
Frederick M. Hess, pp. 34-35
Leave suburbanites out of the equation, and vouchers will remain just a localized curio...
- The Last Holdout Against Educational Freedom
Charles Glenn and Jan de Groof, pp. 36-39
Every modern nation except the United States allows school choice. Learn how our allies...
- One More Result of Racial Politics on Campus: Unfree Speech
Eli Lehrer, pp. 40-42
Talking about differences between races can put you in the slammer on many of today's "...
- The Benevolent Universe of Filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan
Don Feder, pp. 43-45
- America-Hating as Sport and Passion
Andrew Sullivan and Angelo Codevilla, pp. 46-47
A new, purer anti-Americanism---which simply hates U.S. power without positive faith in...
Bill Kauffman, p. 48
Long ago, "school choice" meant deciding whether to send the young 'uns to the educatio...
- Inside Expert
Michael Greve, p. 49
Michael Greve talks about the Supreme Court's big case, trial lawyers, and federalism
- In Real Life: First-person America, pp. 50-51
Idiot administrators sabotage urban teaching. Scrabble gets scrappy
[+] Green Dreams and Nightmares (Review)
William Leon, p. 52
Global Warming and Other Eco-Myths, by Ronald Bailey
- Global Warming and Other Eco-Myths by Ronald Bailey
[+] Obviously Great (Review)
Leslie Carbone, p. 53
Statecraft: Strategies for a Changing World, by Margaret Thatcher
- Statecraft: Strategies for a Changing World by Margaret Thatcher
[+] Law School Craze (Review)
Clark Stooksbury, p. 54
Brush With the Law, by Robert Ebert Byrnes and Jaime Marquart
- Brush With the Law by Robert Ebert Byrnes and Jaime Marquart
[+] Now Playing (5 Reviews)
Josh Larsen, p. 55
The real reasons they're up for Best Picture this season
- Chicago (2002 Film) by Rob Marshall
- The Hours (2002 Film) by Stephen Daldry
- The Pianist (2002 Film) by Roman Polanski
- Gangs of New York (2002 Film) by Martin Scorsese
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002 Film) by Peter Jackson
- The Digest: Summaries of important reseach, pp. 56-58
Latinos don't help Republicans. Big little kids. States ranked by economic freedom
- Beat the Press
Jonah Goldberg, p. 59
Just because the U.N. claims to be savior of the world doesn't mean it is
- Opinion Pulse, pp. 60-62
Polling on affirmative action. Earth Day opinions
- The Mail, p. 63
- Last Gasp, pp. 64-66