The American Enterprise Archives
The American Enterprise • 10 Years, 68 Issues, 2,217 Articles, 5,684pp
July 1995 Issue - 41 Articles
- Bird's Eye, pp. 4-6
The Fearsome Master: Millions of Americans Have Been Stepped on by Government.
- Sidelights, p. 7
Uncle Sam to James Nichols: $36,522.Tupac Shakur, Black Panther Cub. Forgoing NFL Loot.
- Scan, pp. 8-15
Children's Horror Stories. The Time Warner War. The Japanese Jugger-Not. Hong Kong on t...
- Indicators: Numbers Etc., pp. 16-18
Do Americans Fear Their Government? Powerful Urge for Tax Reform. Billions in Farm Aid.
- Two Views, pp. 19-21
Now That Racial Affirmative Action May Be on the Way Out, Should It Be Replaced by Inco...
- "Live" with TAE, pp. 22-27
It's Time for a Socially Liberal Jewish Republican from the Northeast to Be President.
- Socialism: Dead or Alive?, pp. 28-35
- Marxism and Me, pp. 36-38
One of Today's Leading Conservative Thinkers Describes His Personal Journey into Commun...
- Control Freaks, pp. 39-40
Socialism Has Psychological Appeal for Many - Rulers and Ruled Alike.
- Socialism Lives, p. 41
Marxist Thought Is Down But Not Out. Das Kapital in the White House in 2010?
- Can American Farmers Survive without Subsidies?, pp. 42-44
- One Option for Small Farmers, pp. 45-50
- The Last Farm Bill?, pp. 51-52
- Enviro-Socialism, pp. 53-54
Why Environmentalists Distrust Free Markets and Private Property, and What Conservative...
- "From Red to Green", pp. 55-56
Lots of Radicals Have Dropped Marx for Malthus, But the Missionary Project Is the Same.
The Great Tax Reform Race - A Scorecard
- The Three Competing Plans., pp. 57-58
- The National Sales Tax Fantasy., pp. 59-60
- The Circuitous Origins of the Flat Tax., pp. 61-62
- The Flat Income Tax That's Actually a Progressive Levy on Consumption., pp. 63-65
- That Dick Armey's Best Idea Is to End withholding., p. 66
- A Case for the Nunn-Domenici Consumption Tax., p. 67
- What Americans Are Looking for in Tax Reform., pp. 68-69
- Clinton's Terrifying Response to Terror, pp. 70-73
Militarized Law Enforcement against Citizens Who Hold Unpopular Political Views Is Dang...
- The Danger in Idaho, p. 74
The National Media Believe the Rural West Is Full of Menacing Bigots. They're Wrong.
- Transcript: Words Worth Repeating, p. 75
Czech Prime Minister Vaclav Klaus on the Leap from Socialism to Market Capitalism.
In Real Life: The Daily Work of Americans
- A Worthwhile Struggle, p. 76
- Furnishing a Hope With Old Live, pp. 76-77
- Enterprising: Business as an Imaginative Act, pp. 78-81
The 28 U.S. National Labs Are a $6 Billion-a-Year, 50,000-Employee Leftover from the Co...
- Business Welfare, pp. 82-83
Now That the Federal Budget Is Receiving Careful Scrutiny, It's Time to Examine the Pro...
- The Economist, pp. 84-86
"Pro-Business Socialism" Fails in Japan. Case in Point: Japanese Computers.
- Flashback, p. 87
Lest You Think FDR and the New Deal Were a Triumph among Their Contemporaries...
[+] Red, Not White and Blue (Review) , p. 88
The Secret World of American Communism, by Harvey Klehr, John Earl Haynes, and Fridrikh...
- The Secret World of American Communism by Harvey Klehr, John Earl Haynes, and Fridrikh I. Firsov, ...
[+] The Right's Favorite Marxist (Review) , p. 89
The Southern Front, by Eugene D. Genovese
- The Southern Front by Eugene D. Genovese
[+] Migrant Headache (Review) , p. 90
Alien Nation, by Peter Brimelow
- Alien Nation by Peter Brimelow
[+] Green White (Review) , p. 91
The War Against the Greens, by David Helvarg
- The War Against the Greens by David Helvarg
[+] God and Liberty (Review) , pp. 91-93
The Holy Earth, by Liberty Hyde Bailey
- The Holy Earth by Liberty Hyde Bailey
- Authors: Literary Lives, p. 94
Robert Fulghum Proves Childhood Can Last Forever.
- The Digest: Summaries of Important Research, pp. 95-100
Jobs Can't Be Protected...Bringing Confucius Back to Life...Eco-Optimism, and More.
- Opinion Pulse: The Latest Survey Data, pp. 101-110
Sex, Divorce, Single-Parent Families, Homosexuality, and Abortion. U.S. Views of Japan.
- The Mail: Letters on Law and Order, George Allen, and Affirmative Action., pp. 111-114
- Cover illustration: City Building