From the restored Twitter account of the leftist who assaulted a presidential candidate yesterday, a self-promotion of today’s CNN piece about him:
What was I trying to do? pic.twitter.com/eKdnxsMmgM
— MARLON BANDO (@Younglionking7) March 13, 2016
By Martin Savidge and Dana Ford, CNN
Updated 5:47 PM ET, Sun March 13, 2016
Thomas DiMassimo, 22, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and inducing panic
He sat down Sunday with CNN to talk about what he did and why
(CNN)When Thomas DiMassimo tried to rush Donald Trump’s stage in Ohio over the weekend, he had a clear goal in mind.
He wanted to send a message.
“I was thinking that I could get up on stage and take his podium away from him and take his mic away from him and send a message to all people out in the country who wouldn’t consider themselves racist, who wouldn’t consider themselves approving of what type of violence Donald Trump is allowing in his rallies, and send them a message that we can be strong, that we can find our strength and we can stand up against Donald Trump and against this new wave he’s ushering in of truly just violent white supremacist ideas,” DiMassimo told CNN.
But DiMassimo, 22, didn’t make it to the podium.
He was quickly blocked by Secret Service officers, and members of Trump’s security detail rushed to cover him. After a few moments, the GOP front-runner, who was visibly startled, gave a thumbs-up and thanked the cheering crowd for warning him.
DiMassimo, 22, of Fairborn, Ohio, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and inducing panic. He sat down with CNN on Sunday to talk about what he did and why.
“I was thinking that Donald Trump is a bully, and he is nothing more than that. He is somebody who is just saying a lot of bold things, he’s making bold claims. But I can see right through that and I can see that he’s truly just a coward. And he’s opportunistic and he’s willing to destroy this country for power for himself,” DiMassimo said.
When asked whether he’d planned on attacking Trump if he’d been able to reach him, DiMassimo said he did not.
“No, not at all. There would have been no point. Donald Trump is 6 foot 3. I’m 5 foot 9 maybe.
DiMassimo is listed on his booking form at 210 pounds and was headed for Trump at a pretty high rate of speed. His younger brother is a college football linebacker and their father played college football.
He’s a giant man surrounded by thousands of followers, 12 Secret Service and a former Ohio State offensive lineman. That would have accomplished nothing.”
Uh … From the top of his Twitter account:
The plan to “take his podium away from him” means in effect to either impact a 69 year old man hard enough to knock him away from his podium or, less likely, to wrestle him for it. The chance for doing major violence to an aged candidate would be very high.
From the Daily Mail, photos of the assailant trampling upon a U.S. flag at an anti-white rally last year:
Commenter Forbes writes:
In sports television broadcasting, the producers make a point of not televising spectators who run on the field of play disrupting the event–so as to discourage such conduct. In some places (NYC) it is a misdemeanor–not merely a ticket-earned violation. The producers wouldn’t even think of giving the miscreant the time of day with an interview to allow airing of the miscreant’s perspective.
With news media having adopted the sports-entertainment model of reporting, you think they’d follow sports media protocol discouraging disruptions–but you’d be wrong. Putative ‘news’ media prefers to be a participant in politics and national affairs, so they encourage disruptive behavior.
And yet media talking heads are the chief complainants about political discourse–while fanning the flames with gasoline. Civil behavior and responsible journalism are a thing of the past (if ever they were). The inmates are running the asylum.
And for the reader who was wondering who Stanley Kowalski was, here’s Ned Flanders as Stanley in Jeff Martin’s musical version of “A Streetcar Named Desire:”