Screenshot of the University of California’s Daily Cal coverage of DREAM Act agitators. Note which flag they are flying.
I’ve done what I can on this little blog to keep you informed and mobilized on the illegal alien student bailout that the Alinsky-ites cunningly dubbed the “DREAM Act.”
The Senate vote is scheduled for tomorrow and while it appears dead on arrival there (like every other attempt to pass this massive amnesty over the last decade), you can never take it for granted.
On the House side, lawmakers must come up with $1.4 billion in offsets to foot the initial DREAM Act bill. They have yet to do so. Moreover, as I pointed out last week, the CBO score that the DREAM Act peddlers are cheering, estimates that “the bill would increase projected deficits by more than $5 billion in at least one of the four consecutive 10-year periods starting in 2021.”
SEN. JOHN MCCAIN 202-224-2235; 480-897-6289
SEN. OLYMPIA SNOWE 202-224-5344; 207-874-0883
SEN. LISA MURKOWSKI 202-224-6665; 907-271-3735
SEN. SUSAN COLLINS 202-224-2523; 207-945-0417
SEN. SAM BROWNBACK 202-224-6521; 785-233-2503
Having interacted with many DREAM Act zealots on campus, through e-mail, and on Twitter over the last couple of years, I will tell you what the delusional open-borders promoters on the Right won’t tell you:
For too many of these radicals, the American flag-waving act is exactly that: An act.
Karl Rove water boy Michael Gerson argues that “The DREAM Act would be a potent incentive for assimilation.”
Bullcrap. Gerson is a clueless Beltway open-borders shill with his head in the sand.
I suggest he visit these illegal alien students on any campus when the cameras are NOT turned on. They are narcissistic grievance-mongers of the worst sort. Their campus rhetoric is steeped in reconquista history and Marxist claptrap.
Giving a blanket pass to untold numbers of DREAM Act agitators isn’t merely about allowing “innocent young people” to share their bountiful “talents” with America.
It’s about feeding the anti-American multicultural beast.
When it comes to exhibiting their radical ethnic tribalism and demanding a full “sanctuary state,” for example, DREAM Act protests in California are out of the shadows and damned proud of it (watch for the flag display at the end of the video…surprise, it’s not an American flag):
See also via Jim Hoft the DREAM Act losers inspired by a Mexican rebel movement. Egad:
Over the past two weeks, my Twitter feed has been clogged with accusations from DREAM Act extremists that I’m a race traitor, a “crazy b,” a “disgrace” to my “community,” and a “sellout” for opposing endless illegal alien amnesties. Typical:
Another common theme: Leftist DREAM Act agitators telling me to “look in the mirror” — because, you know, no American with non-white skin should ever be permitted to leave the liberal ideological plantation and advocate for strict enforcement of immigration laws as a matter of national security and sovereignty:
These kids are simply a mirror of their ethnic tribalist leaders.
Democrat Rep. Luis Gutierrez summed up open-borders identity politics succinctly:
All of his other constituents are on their own, I guess.
At the risk of being attacked as “white” yet again, I remind Rep. Gutierrez of his oath of office:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
We have enough homegrown, anti-assimilation multicultural rot. We don’t need the DREAM Act to subsidize and encourage any more of it.
Update 12:50pm Eastern I’ve uploaded the fresh, new critical legislative analysis/alert from Sen. Jeff Sessions’ office on S. 3992, which will be voted on tomorrow. Read, share, and call your Senate representatives now.
Note well from Sen. Sessions’ office: “In direct contradiction to what Secretary Napolitano says, aliens who pose a threat to the public safety will be eligible for status under the act. The poor drafting proves the need for serious committee process, deliberation and debate prior to any vote on substantive changes to immigration law.”
Among the “misdemeanor” crimes that would get a pass under the DREAM Act authority:
Examples of misdemeanors in California:
(1) Assault, CPC § 240
(2) Battery, CPC § 242
(3) Domestic Violence, CPC § 273.5
(4) Criminal Threats/Harassment, CPC § 244
(5) Reckless driving, CVC § 23103
(6) Possession of Firearms, CPC § 12020
(7) Indecent Exposure, CPC § 314
(8) Solicitation of Prostitution, CPC § 647
(9) Vandalism, CPC § 594
(10)Trespass, CPC § 602
Texas Penal Code
Examples of misdemeanors in Texas:
(1) Public Lewdness, Texas Penal Code § 21.07
(2) Indecent Exposure, Texas Penal Code § 21.08
(3) Terroristic Threats, Texas Penal Code § 22.07
(4) Burglary of Vehicles, Texas Penal Code § 30.04.
(5) Deadly Conduct, Texas Penal Code § 22.05
(6) Assault, Texas Penal Code § 22.01
(7) Soliciting Membership in a Criminal Street Gang, Texas Penal Code, § 71.022
(8) Soliciting Prostitution, Texas Penal Code § 43.02
(9) Unlawful Carrying of Weapons, Texas Penal Code § 46.02.
(10)Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity, Texas Penal Code § 71.02
New York Penal Law
Examples of misdemeanors in New York:
(1) Assault, New York Penal Law § 120.00
(2) Stalking, New York Penal Law § 120.45
(3) Forcible touching, New York Penal Law § 130.52
(4) Sexual abuse in the second degree, New York Penal Law § 130.60
(5) Unlawful imprisonment in the second degree, New York Penal Law § 135.05
(6) Endangering the welfare of a child, New York Penal Law § 260.10
(7) Insurance fraud in the fifth degree, New York Penal Law § 176.10
(8) Health care fraud in the fifth degree, New York Penal Law § 177.05
(9) Welfare fraud in the fifth degree, New York Penal Law § 158.05
(10)Criminal possession of methamphetamine manufacturing material in the second degree, New York Penal Law § 220.70