The Unz Review • An Alternative Media Selection$
A Collection of Interesting, Important, and Controversial Perspectives Largely Excluded from the American Mainstream Media
 Gilbert Cavanaugh Archive
Photos: Minneapolis After the Riots
Email This Page to Someone

Remember My Information

=>

Bookmark Toggle AllToCAdd to LibraryRemove from Library • B
Show CommentNext New CommentNext New ReplyRead More
ReplyAgree/Disagree/Etc. More... This Commenter This Thread Hide Thread Display All Comments
AgreeDisagreeThanksLOLTroll
These buttons register your public Agreement, Disagreement, Thanks, LOL, or Troll with the selected comment. They are ONLY available to recent, frequent commenters who have saved their Name+Email using the 'Remember My Information' checkbox, and may also ONLY be used three times during any eight hour period.
Ignore Commenter Follow Commenter
Search Text Case Sensitive  Exact Words  Include Comments
List of Bookmarks

In 2013, I published a photo essay of Minneapolis that showed how foreign and non-white huge swathes of the city had become. Recently, I visited the city for the first time since the riots in 2020, and went back to Lake Street, a major road and the site of most of my 2013 photos. Things have gotten worse.

Nine years ago, Lake Street was alien. The BLM riots hit this part of town very hard, so today, it’s both alien and “bombed out.” There are many vacant lots and boarded-up or destroyed stores.

This is the what is left of the Third Precinct Police Station that BLM rioters burned.
Rioters destroyed this gas station.
Rioters destroyed this gas station.
“Amir”  refers to Amir Locke, a black man. Police shot and killed him after he pointed a gun at them.
“Amir” refers to Amir Locke, a black man. Police shot and killed him after he pointed a gun at them.

Some stores still have boarded-up windows, but post large signs to assure the public they’re open. Otherwise, customers might walk right by this Goodyear Tire store:

Note the “Tuck Frump” graffiti.
Note the “Tuck Frump” graffiti.

Other stores have changed what they sell. This notice is on the front door of the Target that was looted and destroyed in 2020.

Blacks often shoplift sports trading cards.
Blacks often shoplift sports trading cards.

Unlike nine years ago, there is now trash everywhere.

There used to be a lot of graffiti on Lake Street. Now, there’s even more.

Here are two city workers cleaning spray paint off a historical marker:

The stores are still largely alien, mostly Hispanic but also African.

Note “Make Tacos Not Walls” on the awning.
Note “Make Tacos Not Walls” on the awning.

Like all dangerous multiracial areas, Lake Street has many murals celebrating multiculturalism.

This quote comes from the radical black terrorist Angela Davis.
This quote comes from the radical black terrorist Angela Davis.

Sometimes, it’s unclear if something is graffiti or a commissioned mural:

This Post Office’s decoration is incomplete. Presumably “begin” or “start” should follow “Let Healing.”

Some murals are confusing. The reason for the focus on smartphones in these paintings is unclear to me:

“MCAD” stands for “Minneapolis College of Art and Design,” so this was definitely commissioned.

Sometimes, it’s hard to identify who the subjects of a mural are. Here, the three people in the foreground are identified, but nobody else.

I think the interracial couple might be the pair behind the Loving vs. Virginia Supreme Court case, but I have no idea who the two people flanking them are.

This large mural pairs various non-white groups with an animal.

Interestingly, the African-American seems not to have an animal companion.
Interestingly, the African-American seems not to have an animal companion.

Despite all the crime and chaos, the area remains as leftist as ever:

Lake Street has never had a shortage of panhandling and often intoxicated American Indians. It’s also the location of the Division of Indian Work, an organization that seeks “to support and strengthen urban American Indian people through culturally-based education, traditional healing approaches, and leadership development.”

This mural covers the lower portion of the organization’s large building:

This is what dispossession looks like. This is the end of white America.

(Republished from American Renaissance by permission of author or representative)

Hide 28 CommentsLeave a Comment
Commenters to Ignore...to FollowEndorsed Only
Trim Comments?
    []
  1. Baxter says:

I hope everyone who took the time to look at the photos in this piece, especially white Americans who have yet to experience the horror of diversity on a daily basis, are left with an impression burned into their mind. This is your future. I think the author could have end this piece on a more poetic note, though the photos say everything that can be said.
    I have lived on the outskirts of a 75 percent black city for four decades and watched the rot spread. It’s tempting to think “that can’t happen here.” Then it happens-the demographics change-and you think “I have to get out of here.”
    Thanks to the author for the cold dose of reality.

• Agree: Legba
    • Thanks: Gore 2004
    • Replies: @Pitland
    , @Bel Darrow
  2. Speaking as a non-American… Every time I see the US in film, TV or video, the initial response is:
    “Christ, what a shit hole”

• Agree: Bel Darrow
    • Replies: @Here Be Dragon
  3. A few negroes and their communist jewish enablers can turn a once vibrant and bustling city founded by Germanic peoples into the Congo in a few years. It’s happened over and over again in cities all over the US in the past 70 years but the white liberals will still put on their goggles and blame it all on white privilege and white racism. A sure sign of insanity is proceeding with the same policy over and over and expecting different results each time

• Replies: @Fr. John
  4. Here are two city workers cleaning spray paint off a historical marker:

Posted on National Historic Marker Day! The day people do this for free.

Monoracial North Minneapolis is much more dangerous. Guess what the one race is.

The stores are still largely alien, mostly Hispanic but also African.

We stopped by Ingebretsen’s NordicMarketplace last summer. It was already back on its feet. Looters broke in, saw what was on the shelves and in the meat case, and turned around and left.

The store is in its 102nd year at that location.

Though Franklin Avenue, ten blocks to the north, is the center of Tepeetown.

This is what dispossession looks like. This is the end of white America.

Wasn’t Georgetown the black part of DC 125 years ago, and the rest of the city fairly civilized? Things change. Minneapolis is still whiter than Montgomery has ever been.

• Replies: @Fidelios Automata
  5. These were peaceful protests,mostly.
    Calling the actions of freedom loving citizens of the
    great christian cuntry known as America “riots”,
    will only perpetuate the attacks on “our democracy”.
    Like the insurectors 14,000 hrs. of video footage, pictures
    such as these may present an undeserved hardship for children,
    political leaders and many learned spiritual elders.Also
    parents,teachers,court members,safety professionals and
    of course the national security interests… of refugees,
    immigrants,aliens,birds,bees and sanitation departments.
    Hateful verbiage like “RIOT” isugly,insensitive and mean.
    Certainly,pictorial evidence of proge\$\$ should be illegal.
    Good thing the entire floyd set wasn’t staged,because then
    that bad tweeting orange egotistical unstable puppet would
    not have let Buck Fiden meet the pope…prai\$e

6. Fr. John says:
    @Joe Paluka

Joe…. “a once vibrant and bustling city founded by Germanic peoples into the Congo in a few years.”

Is untrue. THE CITY OF MINNEAPOLIS was founded by SCANDINAVIAN (Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish) immigrants. Yeah, there were Germans, but the largest ethnic MAJORITY were the Scandic folk. Ja sure, you betcha. And it’s not the Congo. It’s F*CKING DETROIT/BALTIMORE, etc.

Growing up as an ‘other’ (Hint- our family should have lived in St. Paul…) it was painfully apparent to me, as a child that I was not of the Scandic elect. Those of my family who ‘married into’ the Scandic culture (and nominal Lutheranism), were treated to Swedish meatballs, Krumkakke, sandbakkeln, lutefisk, glögg, etc. every Christmas, while the ‘in-law’s parents’ (who only spoke Norsk/Svenska/Dansk) would sit stolidly in the living room, and hold court……

And now this utter devastation. White friends of ours have left the area for ‘whiter pastures’ as they told stories of two YEARS of drive-by shootings, police sirens, and the Negrification of the neighborhoods they had lived in, for decades. One dear friend said just being in Ilhan Omar’s district was bad enough, and they were miles away from Cedar-Lake.

Does Ingebretsen’s even exist? What of the Mindekirken? And the Swedish Institute? Dear Lord, how utterly EVIL all non-whites are! But more importantly, it was the Jewish overlord class, that brought all this to pass. And the corrupt politicians, whose god was the electorate.

Hubert Humprhey, Paul Wellstone, etc. DAMN YOU TO EVEN GREATER PUNISHMENT IN HELL.

Meanwhile, America. Rise up and throw off this cancer, in every town it dwells.

7. what an ugly place, those murals look terrible, yet they are so common and everywhere, an insult to art and the public.

About everything else in the article. that is the result of violating the prime directive of star trek, which mandastes no technology transfer to primitive peoples.

If their brains aren’t good enough to make the technology themselves than they ought not have it.

8. Pitland says:
    @Baxter

I don’t need the depressing visuals, i can deduce the result of fewer Whites and less of our culture. Along with the loss will come less functionality. They seem to think if they wear the pelt of a dead, skinned civilisation, they will become that. They cannot escape the ommunity becoming what they are, which is seen in the country of Somalia for example. Having said, that, a lot of people need the visuals to cement reality

• Replies: @Philmuhcrevis
  9. @old smokey

In the Russian press they post pictures like this, and say that 70% of the American families own a house similar to that one. And two cars in the garage. And a swimming pool.

10. excellent essay. As to”emphasis on smartphones”:

congoids use them to flashmob and loot.

11. Gore 2004 says:

White liberals love that.

They built it.

Let them fix it.

12. Here in Phoenix we have a large Hispanic population and refer to the south side as Phoenexico, but compared to Minneafrica I think we’ve got it muy bueno!

13. @Reg Cæsar

When I lived in the Hennepin-Lake area as a young white guy I never got hassled, even when walking alone late at night; lots of Indians but they drank by themselves and left us alone. The Blacks were a significant minority but not yet radicalized, mainly troublesome for pestering White girls at the local bars. (I remember a club with a sign saying “No Joining At Tables.”) There were no Somalis at all. Sounds like it’s a true shithole now!

• Replies: @Reg Cæsar
  14. eah says:

Lovely.

A small correction to one of your captions:

This is the what is left of the Third Precinct Police Station that BLM rioters were allowed to burned.

15. @Pitland

Along with the loss will come less functionality. They seem to think if they wear the pelt of a dead, skinned civilization, they will become that.

What a succinctly put statement, I wish I had said this. It’s also an accurate bit of insight into the minds of these 3rd world loons, many of those I see walking alone on the streets with Covid masks still in place deathly afraid of the floating ju ju that might give them a fever. It stuns me that so many galactically stupid whites can look around at what always happens when these things infest, yet still insist that it’s simply our fault and there’s a magic number of monthly dollars that will transform these turds all into Dr. Cliff and Clair Huxtable.

16. What riots of 2020. Democrat party politicians like Jerry Nadler said they never happened. Or, if some didn’t say it, they sure act like it. It’s impossible to even talk to people like this about the state of the country.

17. @Baxter

This is definitely a prognosticator. It’s so sad to see. I had travelled to Minneapolis a long time ago (20+ years) for a job interview. Though I stayed in a decent area, I could see a few potential problems, even back then.

I’m glad I didn’t take the job. It was cold there, too! I have a hard time understanding how Somalis and other immigrants tolerate or even like this weather – it seems a far cry from their much warmer climates.

Not living far from another lefturd city, it’s a daily depressor to see the blight – and now more neighborhoods succumbing to this. All one has to do is type in urban decay, urban blight, etc. into their favorite search engine – and every largish left-run city pops up and images like this (and way worse) are a-plenty.

I think maybe the saddest pictures are #16, 17, & 18 – with the barrage of trash. As easy as that can be to clean up, it’s the icing on the cake and very telling of what the community thinks and how much or how little they truly care.

I’d put up some of my own pictures I’ve snapped of blight in the cities I’ve frequented- there are dozens of pics, if not hundreds. Instead, I’ll link just a few pictures (if this site will let me…)

I can’t help but wonder how people could let their kids grow up in these “neighborhoods?”

• Replies: @Reg Cæsar
  18. @Fidelios Automata

I’ve been told the Somalis improved the McKnight Towers, a.k.a. the Crack Stacks. Khat leads to less trouble than the native blow.

19. @Bel Darrow

Have you checked out CharlieBo313’s channel?

THE YOUTUBER WHO TREATS THE INNER CITY LIKE A SAFARI

“313” is Detroit’s area code. The city was once so important that only three others– New York City (212), Los Angeles (213), and Chicago (312) had lower ones, a mark of prominence. With area codes, zero is the highest digit, ten times one, so New Jersey (201), Connecticut (203), Delaware (302), and DC (202) were somewhat further down the food chain.

• Replies: @Bel Darrow
  20. Trevor says:

Those photos look just like photos of African places and Haiti where buildings and other infrastructure built by colonialists have been defaced and destroyed.

Minneapolis used to be a clean, beautiful city before it had “diversity” that has been/is bringing it down to the African mean.

Americans should learn from that observation. But point it out to a libetal and you will be “racist” for noticing

21. @Fr. John

What a hilarious comment! Apparently, there was a scandic elect that I should have been part of, but never knew about. That sure would have helped me when I was in junior high.

My grandmother, whose first language was Swedish, lived in St. Paul and married someone who was Scotch-Irish, and the food she made was meant to satisfy his tastes. She continued this after he died, so I never knew much about this Swedish food you talked about, except for julekage, which I didn’t like. We drove by the Swedish Institute about a zillion times when I was a kid, and we never went in. I never even heard of the Mindekirken.

As for what you imply about a difference between Minneapolis and St. Paul, that’s true, though all I noticed as a child was that there was no overlap in the comics of the Minneapolis and St. Paul newspapers. But as far as I can tell, there are people in Minneapolis who never go to St. Paul, because they don’t need to, and people in St. Paul who never go to Minneapolis, as a matter of principle. Sheesh.

22. @Reg Cæsar

Thank you. I have seen a few of these videos from him. It’s sad when stinkin DC makes Paterson, NJ look like a nice area ..ha! Those Baltimore areas are just so completely broken.

The Atlantic article (which I enjoy Atlantic publications on occasion, as left-slanted as they are) actually elevates his videos. The article says his videos, without narration and without spotlighting anything – could be more effective. But that’s just it – they are! It’s exactly what someone driving would see.

Somewhat outré and often very creepy, these videos compel the viewer to understand what he sees. And make their own opinions.

23. @Fr. John

Does Ingebretsen’s even exist?

Ingebretsen’s not only survived the riots, it was the first thing back. Looters were completely uninterested in their merchandise!

We stopped by last June, and it was fine.

What of the [sic] Mindekirken?

(The -en means “the”.) Mindekirken held a service in Norwegian yesterday, with another set for this coming Sunday. They are posted online. They don’t look any different from the one we attended in 2007. Only thing that’s changed is the pastor, and the ages of the congregants.

And the Swedish Institute?

Midsommar is set for June 18:

Midsommar Celebration

If anything, Nordic Minneapolis has bounced back faster than any other segment. That’s really not that surprising.

• Replies: @Ganderson
  24. KenH says:

Negro and third world DNA in white Western nations is a weapon of mass destruction.

25. @Fr. John

I didn’t mean German specifically, but meant “Germanic peoples” which means the greater group of people in northern Europe that aren’t Celtic or Slavic who speak Germanic languages, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Flemish, English, Frieslander, etc. I’m well acquainted with Scandinavian culture and how strong it was in Minnesota, as I have it in my background.

26. anastasia says:

Even if no one were on the street, I would be scared walking down it.

27. Ganderson says:
    @Reg Cæsar

My old stomping grounds- I lived at 18th and Lake during college, and worked at a hobby shop on 35th and Cedar, kitty corner from Matt’s, not to mention next door to the Scandia Barber Shop, run by famed norskie accordionist Helge Lamo, who played at my wedding. Engebretsens used to have great Swedish sausage. Does it still?

Back in the early 80s I was a tour guide at ASI. They had me do tours when bus loads of Swedes came through. Reg, if we ever meet in real life I’ll bore you with the story of how I met the Umeå Dragspel Klubben (The Umeå Accordion Club) in beautiful downtown Lindström.

28. Franz says:

Keep in mind the hazards posed to the American nation by White Supremacy.

Nah. But with all these gloomy pix I thought a joke would be useful right about now.

Current Commenter
says:

Leave a Reply - Comments on articles more than two weeks old will be judged much more strictly on quality and tone

Remember My InformationWhy?
 Email Replies to my Comment
$
Submitted comments have been licensed to The Unz Review and may be republished elsewhere at the sole discretion of the latter
Commenting Disabled While in Translation Mode
Subscribe to This Comment Thread via RSS Subscribe to All Gilbert Cavanaugh Comments via RSS
PastClassics