Apart from the usual toll of white women in relationships with black men, this month’s total includes three police officers and four home invasions—this last a trend we are watching with interest,
- 31-year-old Kayla (McSherry) Vasquez and 4-year-old Aalilyah Vasquez were apparently murdered in Ford County, KS.
Arrested was 31-year-old Michael Peterson [Kansas Man Who Reported Girlfriend and Her 4-Year-Old Daughter Missing Now Charged With Their Murders: Cops]. The woman was identified as Peterson’s girlfriend and the child as his daughter.
[Kansas man arrested for capital murder in deaths of girlfriend, 4-year-old daughter, kake.com, June 16, 2022]
- Grover “Wade” Edwards, III, 40, was fatally shot in Roanoake, VA.
Keandra S. Smith, 29, was charged with second-degree murder.
Witnesses said the shooting may have been the result a confrontation involving drivers and passengers of a car and an SUV Police identify man charged with death of 40-year-old Roanoke man, By Colleen Guerry, Kim Yonick, wfxrtv.com, June 3, 2022]
Dr. Preston Phillips, 59, Dr. Amanda Glenn, 40, Dr. Stephanie Husen, 48, and William Love, 73, were victims of a mass shooting
The black gunman, Michael Louis, 45, who had targeted his black doctor, fatally shot himself after killing four people.
- Saint Francis shooting victim: Amanda Glenn was always the one to show up — until she didn’t, By Sharon Bishop-Baldwin,com, Jun 2, 2022
- Stephanie Husen: A Tribute to the Tulsa Mass Shooting Victim, heavy.com, June 2, 2022
- Victims in Tulsa medical office shooting identified, By Sean Murphy and Terry Wallace, com, June 2, 2022
- Dan Hutchinson, 45, was fatally shot in Oak Park, MI.
Charged in the fatal shooting was Roy Donta Larry, 44. No motive was reported.
[Detroit man charged in fatal shooting of Hutch’s Jewelry owner, By Brandon Carr, clickondetroit.com, June 3, 2022]
- Erika Pena, 31, was fatally shot in Odessa, TX.
21-year-old Shemar Harrington has been charged with Murder and Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
[OPD arrest suspect involved in murder incident, By NewsWest 9, newswest9.com, May 30, 2022]
- Michael Arellano, 46, was fatally shot in Tucumcari, NM.
Police say Tyje Garrett, 42, shot and killed Arellano, allegedly after an argument at a party.
[NMSP: Argument at graduation party leads to Tucumcari man arrested for murder, by Matthew Watkins, abc7amarillo.com, May 30th 2022]
- Ethan Liming, 17, was beaten to death in Akron, OH.
Liming was with a group of black friends who got into an altercation with another group of backs, but only he was killed: His Name Is Ethan Liming: White 17-Year-Old, Playing Basketball, Beaten To Death By Black Males Outside Lebron James “I Promise School” In Akron, Ohio
Arrested were Deshawn Stafford Jr., 20, Tyler Stafford, 19 and Donovon Jones, 21 .
[Three arrested in connection to fatal beating of Ohio teen Ethan Liming, By Sam Raskin, nypost.com, June 12, 2022]
- Christopher Nicholas Fariello, 33, a Tallahassee, FL Police Officer died in the line of duty after his car was rammed.
Tyrone Cleveland is accused of shooting three members of his black family , not fatally, then crashing into the officer’s car about an hour later
[Suspect in TPD officer’s death has history of domestic violence and drug charges, By WCTV Staff, wctv.tv, June 8, 2022]
- The body of Stephanie Shenefield, 38, was found in a ditch in Palmetto, FL.
Arrested (on a charge of dumping her body) was 51-year-old William Redden. Shenefield apparently died at his home.
[Body of missing Bradenton woman found in Palmetto; suspect in custody, By ABC7 Staff, mysuncoast.com, June 10, 2022]
- 29-year-old Justin Dewayne Goodman and 23-year-old Savannah Lyn Anglin were fatally shot in David County, NC.
Arrest warrants were issued for Anthony LaQuane Brooks. The crime seems to have been a home invasion.
[Warrants issued for Salisbury man in Davie County murder, By Elisabeth Strillacci, salisburypost.com, June 28, 2022]
- 19-year-old Jacob Pierce was fatally shot in St. Louis, MO.
Also fatally shot was 24-year-old Markco Willingham. Pierce was White. Willingham was black.
Trevontae Sain, of Berkeley, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
[Man charged in Pine Lawn double homicide, By Kelsee Ward, kmov.com, Jun. 25, 2022]
- Perry County Detention Officer Jeremiah Story, 21, was fatally shot in Perryville, AR.
Roderick De’Shaun Lewis, 37, was arrested. Lewis, who was being arrested for drunk driving, had not been searched before being booked. He produced a pistol and shot Story. [New details uncovered in Perry County Detention officer death, by Claire Kreuz, KARK.com, June 28, 2022 ]
Ironically, another Perry County Deputy was killed by a prisoner back in 1892. The man, a white man named Charles Stewart, was promptly lynched [Perry County jailer shot and killed by suspect during booking, magnoliareporter.com, June 23, 2022]
- Amy Raelynne Phillips, 46, was fatally shot in Conover, NC.
Also shot and wounded was the victim’s daughter, Keiyara Kelly Johnson, 22.
25-year-old Shykwon Gibbs was charged with murder and attempted murder.
The alleged killer was apparently the daughter’s boyfriend:
In 911 calls obtained by Channel 9, you can hear Phillips asking for help after saying her daughter’s boyfriend broke into the home and that he had a gun.
“I need the police to come out here there’s someone banging on my door,” she said. “He’s got a gun. It’s my daughter’s boyfriend.”
[Man in custody after mom killed, daughter seriously hurt in Conover shooting, deputies say, By WSOCTV.com News Staff, wsoctv.com, June 20, 2022]
- Steven Jackson, 18, and a 16-year-old male juvenile were fatally shot in Altus, OK.
Police arrested 18-year-old Dawan Brown and a 16-year-old male juvenile. We don’t know the races of the unnamed juvenile victim or the unnamed juvenile alleged gunman, because neither the police or the media think we need to know.
No motive reported.
[Two teens arrested in connection to Altus double homicide, By Kevin Haggenmiller, kswo.com, June 24, 2022]
- Jordan A Keeton, 46, was fatally shot in Abbott, TX.
Nicholas Chaleo Charassri, 40, has been charged with murder. Charassri appears to be Latino with African ancestry, but both
Chaleo and Charassri are Siamese names.
[Suspect in deadly Hill County shooting identified, By Kenisha Huitt and KWTX Staff, kwtx.com, June 18, 2022]
- David Keith Dickson, 36, was fatally shot in Louisville, KY.
Tavon Parrish, 31, a gas station security guard whose criminal record and outstanding court cases made it illegal for him to have gun, was charged. He claimed Dickson had stolen a can of beer.
[Court records: Security guard accused of fatally shooting man at Louisville gas station shouldn’t have had gun, By Katrina Nickell, wdrb.com, June 15, 2022]
- Logan Etterle, 21, was fatally shot in Augusta, GA.
Arrested were D’Andre Tandy, 26, and Keyon Smiley, 31.
The shooting followed a physical altercation.
[ Second suspect arrested for Sunday morning Broad Street murder, both suspects now arrested , By Staff, wrdw.com, June 14, 2022]
- Jaden Halpern, 17, was fatally shot in Lima, OH.
Arrested were teens Keion Darden and Jaquan Glenn.
The killing followed an attempted home invasion.
[Hearings set for Lima teens charged in Lane Avenue murder, By J Swygart, limaohio.com, June 14, 2022]
- Jailen Holton, 21, was fatally shot outside a restaurant in Philadelphia, PA.
According to Fox News “The suspect is a Black male, but police did not share any further information.” Holton was killed when shots were fired into a bar.
[North Philadelphia woman, 21, fatally shot outside bar: ‘When do you get tired of burying your children?’, By Audrey Conklin, foxnews.com, June 29, 2022]
- Liese Dodd, 22, was decapitated in Alton, Illinois.
22-year-old Deundrea Holloway, her former boyfriend, was arrested on suspicion of the murder of the expectant mother and her unborn baby girl.
[Illinois man accused of decapitating 8-months pregnant ex-girlfriend, police say, By Justina Coronel, abc7chicago.com, June 17, 2022]
- 64-year-old Gaber Baghdady was fatally shot in Charleston, South Carolina.
Arrested was Antwan Lamont Scott.
The victim appears to be of Middle Eastern descent. The motive was apparently robbery.
[Bond hearing expected for suspect charged in deadly Charleston restaurant shooting, By Dianté Gibbs, counton2.com, June 30, 2022]
- Tia Bivins was fatally shot in Denver, Colorado in 2019.
Her husband, Phillip Bivins, was found guilty of second-degree murder in June, 2022.
[Man sentenced to nearly 50 years for killing wife, By David Mullen, denvergazette.com, Jun 21, 2022]
- Sabrina Lowery, 22, was fatally shot during a home invasion in 2020 in Anderson, SC.
Her unborn child was also died.
Ronnie Gaddis, the alleged shooter, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter, death to an unborn fetus during the commission of a violent crime, and attempted armed robbery. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison and 5 years of probation in June, 2022.
[Upstate man gets plea deal in slaying of pregnant woman, unborn child, By Amanda Shaw, live5news.com, Jun. 17, 2022]
- North County Police Cooperative officer Michael Langsdorf was shot and killed in the line of duty in Missouri in 2019.
A jury found Bonnette Kymbrelle Meeks guilty of the murder in June, 2022.
[Man found guilty of murdering North County Officer in 2019, By Stephanie Usery, kmov.com, June 14, 2022]
- The remains of Sherri Herrera, a 30-year-old mother of four, was found on a highway on-ramp in March 1993 in California.
Charged on June 10, 2022 was retired cross-country truck driver Douglas Thomas.
Thomas was also jailed on a murder warrant that charges him in the April 1992 death of Shenda Denise Hayes in Texas.
[Retired truck driver charged with cold case murder of woman found in Desert Center nearly 30 years ago, rivcoda.org, June 10, 2022]
- UPDATE: Mohamed Noor, the Somali-American police officer who who fatally shot Justine Rusczcyk Damond in 2017, in Minneapolis, MN has been released from jail
Noor, 36, was initially sentenced to 12.5 years in prison for her death, but was released from the North Dakota State Penitentiary on June 27, 2022 as a result of a State Supreme Court decision. (We’re not counting her in this month’s total).
Former Minneapolis officer Mohamed Noor could be free soon. He's being sentenced on a lesser charge today, following state Supreme Court's decision to overturn his conviction for 3rd degree murder. He shot and killed 911 caller Justine Ruszczyk in 2017. https://t.co/VsdV9WAaqA
— Jon Collins (@JonSCollins) October 21, 2021
[Mohamed Noor: ex-officer who killed unarmed woman freed on parole, AP in Minneapolis, theguardian.com, June 27, 2022]
Overall, FBI data suggests blacks are over 13 times more likely to kill whites than vice versa. This month we found just one white-on-black killing. A white criminal, ironically released due to lenient Baltimore “disincarceration”-type sentencing, killed a black police officer.
- Deputy Glenn Hilliard was fatally shot in Baltimore, MD.
Arrested was Austin Jacob Allen Davidson, 20.
[Man Accused of Killing Maryland Sheriff’s Deputy Was Set Free 2 Years Ago by Baltimore Authorities, By Alex Mann, officer.com, June 15, 2022]