A few weeks ago, I appeared on Post-Politika, a small Russian liberal debate/discussion YouTube channel with a thousand subscribers. A friend produced a highlight of my takes; the full video can be found here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCPug-9QAuY
Unfortunately it was all in Russian, with no translation.
But the gist of it was that they invited three people – far left sociologist Karina Pipia from the Levada Center, whose views would have made her a honorary member of this clique; a center-left demographics grad student from the HSE, Daniil Kashnitsky; and yours truly for the nationalist position.
Topics (machine translated):
– At what level is racism manifested in Russia?
– Why did the American events cause a sharp reaction in Russian society?
– What are the reasons for xenophobia in Russia and how can Soviet nationality policy be connected with it?
– How does the economy affect the problem of racism in the country?
– Is the emergence of ethnic ghettos possible in Russia?
– Does “state” culture reproduce racist stereotypes?
I was given the impression that it would be a debate, and so was a bit blindsided when it emerged that it would consist of 20-30 minute presentations instead. They also banned some of my supporters from the chat, e.g. Vile Varangian, clearly making it somewhat of a controlled forum.
So bearing that in mind, I don’t think my performance was too bad.
Here are my main points:
- Intro to Race Realism 101
- The common takes – race specific illnesses; physical differences (Kenyan marathoners, Bajau divers, etc).
- Did evolution stop above the head 50,000 years ago?
- Magic dirt theory: No evidence of full convergence after Third Worlders immigrate.
- Correlation of national IQ with socio-economic success, outliers are strictly either countries with Communist legacy or have oil windfalls.
- Immediately complain about racism when coming here, citing Nigerian scammer Roy Obonga and the fired Bryansk taxi driver.
- US institutional racism?
- Yes, it exists: Affirmative action; disparate impact laws; Federal Reserve now targeting Black unemployment.
- Arrested more than whites because 13/50
- Floyd was a criminal degenerate whose life DID NOT matter.
- Confronted those libs for trying to colonize the Russian language (current woke lib project is to change Russian language usage from Negroes/негры, to blackskins/чернокожие).
- Soviet anti-racism?
- Of course it existed!
- … And now, fully revealing my power level, I began to recount the statistics of Jewish overrepresentation in the Cheka and NKVD (at which point, the hilarious “something went wrong” comment in the internal Discord chat).
- Latvia and Estonia were only regions of Russian Empire where solid majority voted for Bolsheviks in 1917, and the Red Latvian Riflemen were key to imposing Soviet power over Russians in 1918, they thus DESERVED to be subsequently occupied by the Soviet Union.
- All republics in the USSR apart from the RSFSR enjoyed positive net transfers, what a strange system of racism and colonial exploitation.
- Russian anti-racism?
- Ethnic lobbies allowed, Russian nationalist organizations repressed – all with the support for you liberal hypocrites.
- Mentioned Russian slaves in Dagestani brick factories.
- Mentioned how Konstantin Krylov had an extremism case launched against him for saying it is “time to do away with this strange economic model” [of federal transfers to the Caucasus].
- Cited Levada’s own polls – the organization where woke sociologist Pipia herself works – that the vast majority of ethnic minorities in Russia say they do not experience racism.
- In a subsequent exchange, Pipia rejoindered that those polls are not accurate, since oppressed minorities may be too fearful to truthfully relay the reality of Russian oppression to pollsters.
- Georgians are the majority of thieves in law.
- No mention of ethnic Russians in the Constitution until 2020.
Overall, I think I succeeded in shocking and triggering those libs, while the comments in the internal Discord chat were very negative with the stereotypical SJW stuff about “when is he getting out his calipers?”, the actual YouTube live chat and subsequent comments were all positive.
This was quite encouraging, since it demonstrates that a solid majority of people, even amongst the younger/online people listening in to lib politics discussions, are still “based” as opposed to woke.
Nonetheless, it was also something of an aha moment along the lines of what I encountered in Berkeley c.2013, as more than ever I realized that Russian SJWs do exist and not just on Twitter.
In the discussion at the end, which was not recorded, someone asked me a question if dialogue between Russia, Europe, and the US was still possible on these questions (racism, culture, etc). I expressed guarded skepticism, noticing that the socio-cultural gulf between Russia and the West was arguably wider now than it had been even in the 1970s, with the spread of cultural Marxism and soft totalitarianism in the West. At this point, another participant – an outright Communist/SJW type – asked me to expound how the West is totalitarian. I mentioned how certain speech is out of bounds, on social media, with consequences potentially extending to jobs, usage of services like Uber, Airbnb, etc. He replied that, “well, if they say and write racist things, so what.” When I mentioned this includes things like sex differences in personality, such as girls being on average more interested in people while boys are more interested in mechanical objects, he said something along the lines of, “well, they should think before they justify the patriarchy.” He also happened to be a vegan. “So, like, boys preferring cars and soldiers and girls dollars is a social construct of the patriarchy?” “Yes, he’s why and why.”
I truly did not expect to encounter such a creature in the wild in Russia yet, and absent a resounding zinger, I replied that I hoped he would never get into power and said it’s time to rebuild the Iron Wall before his types infect more people. The ensuing “debate” was between him and some other extreme SJW soylings, and the majority, who were all libs but reasonably sane (at least not to the point of pretending sex differences are all a social construct). With the SJWs defending deplatforming and revolutionary violence while the libs were mostly against it, especially the latter. At that point I logged off, had nothing more to add at that point.