My “fans” at RationalWiki have recently issued an Updated & Expanded edition on me.
Since Google privileges the rantings of a basement troll and Zionist antifa over my Unz column and even my own (eponymous) website, I decided it’s time to compile a formal rebuttal for reference purposes.
More notable posts since the last Open Thread in case you missed any of them.
- YouTube Is Basically Killing Everyone
- Film Review: The Wandering Earth
- Russia’s (Self-Proclaimed) Liberal Opposition Cannibalizes One of Their Own
- Arnaud Dubus – death of a foreign correspondent. This illustrates a powerful trend; amidst funding crunch, experienced local journalists are getting devalued.
- Steve Sailer: New York Times Doesn’t Get Its Own Joke About Youtube
- RT: Twitter bans researcher who exposed journalist ties to Antifa
- Emil Kirkegaard: Persians and Parsis (on their disproportionate share of Islamic intellectual accomplishments)
- Bryan MacDonald: Russian media solidarity for Golunov contrasts with loathsome US/UK press bootlicking over Assange
- Peter Turchin: Impressions of China
- David Pinsen: “Trump won in 2016 with the @Steve_Sailer strategy and it looks like he’s running the opposite of it now.”
- Scott Greer: “This is exactly what Middle America thought MAGA meant.“
- For the first time ever, Chinese were the largest nationality – by some margin – at Russia’s SPIEF 2019.
- Putin: US campaign against Huawei and Nord Stream 2 is “economic raiding.”
- RT: Huawei looks to Russian technology to replace Google’s Android on its smartphones
- Reuters: Top Japanese chip gear firm to honor U.S. blacklist of Chinese firms – executive
- *comment* JL on the rise of a Russian beef industry.
- *poll* At least 20-40% of Belorussians would be happy to get a Russian passport. [in Russian]
- Intimidating the Yanks with physiq.
- Patrick Armstrong’s latest Russia Sitrep.
- Nicholas: Russian Valkyries: Woman Warrior Brides of the Bogatyrs
- Spotted Toad: “Even in the early Bolshevik literature *celebrating* the Revolution and Red victory in the Civil War, like Serafimovich’s 1924 The Iron Flood, it’s clear they view being mass murdering psychopaths as the entire point. It’s like if Elliot Rodger got 1/5 of the world’s land surface.“
- SCMP: Germany may join US in opposing China by sending warship through Taiwan Strait, breaking decades of military non-confrontation
- *comment* Thuleon Fiend on the Danish elections.
- Audacious Epigone: Iran Is Not a Political Winner
- *poll* Polish attitudes to other nationalities – fairly predictable.
- Guardian: Aung San Suu Kyi finds common ground with Orbán over Islam 🙂
- Independent: Marine Le Pen ordered to stand trial for tweeting pictures of Isis killings
- Nyborg, Helmuth. 2019. “Race as Social Construct.” Psych 1 (1): 139–65. Good summary.
- *video* Yan Xishan 閻錫山: The Russian Civil War: Every Day
- He also did a fictional one: The War of the Ring: Every 1/3 Days
- Robin Hanson: Stephenson’s Em Fantasy
- Filip Piekniewski: AI Winter Is Well On Its Way (via Abelard Lindsay)
- James Thompson: Bias Bias: The Inclination to Accuse People of Bias
- Guillaume Durocher: Review: BRONZE AGE MINDSET
- Guillaume Durocher: Young de Gaulle on the Jews of Poland
- Steve Sailer on Saini’s new book at Takimag’
- You can pirate it here.
- Christoph Nahr: Into the Void: Why Right-Wing Populists Won’t Save Us
- PyotreNemets: “Thread with excerpts from Jinwung Kim’s “A History of Korea”“
- spandrell on Tiananmen: “Long answer: probably an internal coup attempt by a pro-Western faction of the CPC (led by premier Zhao Ziyang) with some Western intelligence support; a coup attempt which perhaps was aided by other factions inside China which disliked Deng Xiaoping and just wanted to take advantage of the disorder to drag him down. Didn’t work. Suck it up. Zhao Ziyang died in captivity, and all his team and their families went to exile to the US where, to this day, they still LARP as a sort of liberal government in exile. As CIA largesse has dried up, many of them have converted to Evangelical Christianity in a desperate attempt to get some Americans to give them money. Just take a look at dorks like this guy to see what sort of people we’re talking about.“
- Politikḗ: “The greatest achievement of Western propaganda still has to be the myth of a June 4, 1989, Tiananmen Square massacre, with talk of hundreds if not thousands of protesting students mowed down by military machine guns.“
- Virgin Deathist vs. Chad Life Extensionist
- Noah Carl: “A popular argument on Twitter is: ‘if your view on something appears to resemble the Nazis’ view, then you are a Nazi.’ Since the Nazis were critical of intelligence research, this must mean that everyone who criticises intelligence research is a Nazi.“
- Pavel Durov (VK founder) extreme ascetic diet.
- *comment* Paul Nehlen defends himself from doxing claims at my YouTube censorship article
- Lion of the Blogosphere: The bubble of free speech is coming to an end
- Ars Technica writer Peter Bright aka @DrPizza arrested for ‘enticement of a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity’
- *blast from the past* Dr. Pizza: “As someone named DrPizza I dread to think what my involvement in pizzagate will turn out to be.“
- Steve Sailer: Oberlin Hit with $11 Million Jury Award for Targeting Bakery as Racist
- Illegal immigrants can hurt US economy, professor argues, prompting calls for his firing
- Daily Stormer points out that searches for “Alex Jones” only bring up his own website Infowars on the third page. I notice that this is not the case on DuckDuckGo or Yandex.
- *powerful comment* The crazy Indian on my blog wants to return sati.
- Border collie plays Jenga.
- *powerful take* Nigerian troll Okechukwu: “Yes, [Darwin] was [a pseudoscientist]. Although Darwin got many things right, his pseudoscientific white supremacy is a stain on his legacy.“
- Apple is now directly censoring certain Telegraph channels.
- NYT: New Zealand Man Gets 21 Months for Sharing Video of Christchurch Attacks