Long time no Open Thread! Will try to return to a weekly OT schedule henceforth.
The “core” of my series on the Age of Malthusian Industrialism is done. Here is a quick table of contents:
- Original article introducing the concept: A Short History of the Third Millennium
- AoMI I: Where Do Babies Come From?
- AoMI II: Breeders’ Revenge
- AoMI III: The Geopolitics of the Age of Malthusian Industrialism
- AoMI IV: What Is The Maximum Population Earth Can Support?
As I promised, there will be two further articles in this series, but they will be whimsical/speculative addendums, not core parts of the series.
And I’ll get to working on the book as soon as that’s done.
- Guillaume Durocher: The Convergence Hoax
- Kenneth Rapoza: It Looks Like The U.S. Really Does Want To Isolate Russia And China
- *powerful take* Janusz Bugajski: Managing Russia’s dissolution
- While I know that Soros is a powerful bogeyman in “our” quarters, the story of how he came to be so is apparently quite interesting – the result of a literal Jewish conspiracy, LOL.
- Moon of Alabama: British Government Runs Secret Anti-Russian Smear Campaigns
- Greenwald: NBC News, to Claim Russia Supports Tulsi Gabbard, Relies on Firm Just Caught Fabricating Russia Data for the Democratic Party
- Ragozin: Putin’s Plan to Make Russian Cities Worth Living In. Author is an anti-Putin liberal, BTW. So it’s clear this is happening.
- Moon of Alabama: Putin Asks And Trump Delivers – Here Is A List Of All The Good Things Trump Did For Russia
- Navalny seen leaving the same building as Prigozhin (Putin’s “chef” and head of Wagner). There are some very interesting conspiracy theories about who is Navalny’s “krysha.”
- Audacious Epigone: The New Student Radicals. Almost half of 18-29 y/o’s with college degrees agree that violent acts are acceptable to achieve my ideal of a better society.
- Greg Hood: Trump Betrays His Base
- Econlib: The US is becoming more like Europe. I keep saying this.
- Peter Turchin: The Yellow Vest Rebellion
- Guillaume Durocher: The Gilets-Jaunes, or the Contradictions of Consumer Democracy
- SCMP: After heavy investment, China’s next generation of weapons and military equipment nears readiness
- While China produces 50% of the elite level science of the USA (as proxied by the Nature Index), it outperforms the US in 23 of the top 30 hottest technology fields.
- MintPress News: How a NeoCon-Backed “Fact Checker” Plans to Wage War on Independent Media
Science & Culture
- Emil Kirkegaard: FAQ for Dunkel et al 2019 Ashkenazim polygenic score for intelligence. Detailed point-by-point defense of his Jewish IQ study.
- Crémieux: The Jewish Advantage
- Slate Star Codex survey results. These are an excellent resource for studying the opinions and values of high IQ (typical SSC reader/respondent is around 2 S.D. above the mean) and somewhat non-conformist (normies don’t read such blogs) people. Large n’s!
- Scott Alexander: Book Review: The Structure Of Scientific Revolutions
- James Thompson: James Flynn on Academic freedom and Race
- Guillaume Durocher: Darwin on the Rise and Fall of Human Races
- gwern’s search tips
N.N. Taleb IQ Controversy
- spandrell: Nassim Taleb is Retarded. In the end, I didn’t find to translate my takes on Taleb/IQ into a blog post, but spandrell said most of what I would have said, anyway.
- James Thompson: Swanning About: Fooled by Algebra?
- Ideas & Data: Nassim Taleb on IQ
- Not surprised to see that Fallout Online is crap.
- Roosh V: “America has a “social credit” system just like China, where you are blocked from internet platforms, banking, and lodging. The major difference is that in America, the companies “ghost” you without giving a reason because they’re staffed with leftist cowards.”
- Mike Cernovich embraces Islam.
- How the singer Tessa Violet became a hit with Russian nationalists.