* Hungary has become an object in the culture war. Their demographic problems long predate Orban, who was actually more successful on the economy than on the former (at least to date). They are not going to get rich by taking in immigrants. The US tends to attract much higher quality immigrants (or at least an elite “smart fraction” subset that punches way above its weight) that will simply never come to Hungary because it is banally poorer than the US and does not have world-renowned institutions/companies to attract them (as @whyvert points out). Basically, my take is that there’s limited the “lessons: that the US and Hungary can exchange are highly limited.
* Global Times: “Lithuania is a crazy, tiny country full of geopolitical fears. Its strategy is to cling to the US as tightly as possible. Lithuania will eventually pay the price for its evil deed of breaking international rules.”
* Banerjee, I. et al. (2021). Reading Race: AI Recognises Patient’s Racial Identity In Medical Images. In arXiv [cs.CV]. Twitter summary: “We performed many experiments to work out how it does this, but couldn’t pin it down. This is the most ridiculous figure I have ever seen. AI can detect race from images filtered so heavily they are just blank grey squares! …Hi everyone. This thread has been swamped by racists. I’m probably gonna miss your replies, but I’ll still be here in a few days when they move on or you can reach out through other channels.”
* POWERFUL TAKE. Thorfinnsson on the case for drunk driving.
* PHYSIOGNOMY IS REAL, part n. Ward, A., English, T., & Chin, M. (2021). Physical attractiveness predicts endorsement of specific evolutionary psychology principles. PloS One, 16(8), e0254725. “Physical attractiveness predicts endorsement of specific evolutionary psychology principles”
* Noah Carl: Indicators of the Great Awokening
* Another “Coffee Salon Demographics” type rundown of European vs. East differences via @SpargelHelmut.
* Observation: Western Europe seems to be considerably less “progressed” into World War T than the Anglos.