* I think travel in much of Europe will remain significantly restricted as Delta makes its way from UK/Portugal to mainland Europe.
* Nature – Mounting evidence suggests Sputnik COVID vaccine is safe and effective. But Europeans still not rushing to approve, with France being intransigent in particular. Seething over Sanofi failure?
* Aeroflot short worked out (if not spectacularly).
* EURO 2020. If I had to guess England would win, but it’s really a coin toss. I am glad that Denmark lost, they played dirty and deserved that penalty.
* Nick Fuentes banned from Twitter. He was the closest thing the US has to a “genuine” opposition leader, a locus of normality in the zoo of tired MAGA grifters, WN oldfags, and Ziocon “hello fellow nationalist” types who otherwise make up the modern Alt Right. It’s instructive that the regime unpersoned him. And it continues to raise questions why Russia continues to tolerate Twitter and other Western social media, open tools of the American regime.
* Algemeiner – ‘The Entire World Grovels to the Jews’: Belarus Dictator Alexander Lukashenko in Antisemitic Outburst. Before the UR commentariat gets “excited”, I’d say this is just an observation by Lukashenko that Belorussian (and I’d also say Russian) meekness in advancing its own victimization narratives has made it more pliable to attacks by Western historical revisionists, a mistake that Jews didn’t make.
* Robin Hanson – Seeing ANYTHING Other Than Huge-Civ Is Bad News. “Katechon Hypothesis” vibes.
* Mencius Moldbugman talks about the phenomenon of transparent bathrooms in 5 star hotels.
* CRYPTO. This week’s thoughts on crypto for those interested. Bull market crypto mc peak was $2.5T, world wealth is $418T this year = 0.6% of world wealth. Jan 2018 crypto market cap peak was $0.8T/320T = 0.25% of world wealth. In fairness, not at all bad increase, relative to virtually any other asset class, and there’s cause to think that whereas in 2018 people really went wild this year’s bull run was cut short by various FUDs.
Another thing to note is that Bitcoin dominance never receded to the extent it did in 2018 (I was sure this wouldn’t happen, hence missed the peak). Back then, altcoins were just $ETH and shitcoin “BTC killers.” Now, there are tons of altcoins that actually do things across #DeFi and Web 3.0; yet even so, Bitcoin fell less as a % of the total, and even a large part of the altcoin gains accrued to dog-themed shitcoins and fossil coins while some actually world-changing coins like Chainlink remained in the doldrums throughout the bull run. But perhaps it’s good that normies didn’t “get” things like Aave this run. It gives us one last opportunity for accumulation on the cheap.