It’s now pretty clear that Biden is going to be the next POTUS. The only moderately interesting question is how long before Trump concedes.
Anti-climatic as the election was for those hoping for a Trump set or a 269-269 troll map, there is interesting analysis to be done on:
- The fraud question – did it happen? did it change the results? (prepare to be disappointed). and does it matter, given that probably 20-30% of Americans (and many foreigners) believe it did?
- Opinion polls, gamblers, prediction.
- The demographics of Trump’s base and how it expanded amongst minorities.
- Could Trump have won?
- What will be the likely impact on “wokeness”? Will the social media purges accelerate, or lay off? On foreign relations with Russia and China?
- A point that I have been making for months: The new neolib-centrist “consensus”, ostensibly powerful, will actually be quite fragile – despised as it is not just by the Right but by the Left.
I actually discussed many of these points already with Vile Varangian the day before, but it would be good to address this these points in subsequent posts.