So it’s Russia Independence Day today:
– What did you say they are celebrating?
– The Day of Russian Independence, Your Majesty.
– From who?
– I don’t know, Your Majesty.
In other news, I have been shadowbanned on Twitter. This basically means that I am invisible on the platform to anybody who doesn’t follow me there (that is, all of Twitter minus ~7,000 people), and even they will see my poasts much less frequently.
I am attaching the full thread as an image at the end of this post (shadowbanned people even lose the ability to create Twitter threads).
I suppose it’s a good way to throttle influence without formally banning.
Some people have said that deactivating one’s account for a period of time and then reactivating fixes the issue. I tried doing so last night, that didn’t work, so the decision was probably “manual” rather than “algorithmic”.
Reasons could have been one of many:
1) Could be the beginning of a campaign to rein in the Unz Review network on Twitter in general (after the complete ban on Facebook and the deranking on Google).
2) Could be the result of some SJW reports linked to some recent Russian “hashtag” wars, e.g. #яндекскуколд which I will soon write about.
3) Could be me being swept up in the recent bannings of “state-affiliated” Russian/Chinese “propaganda” bots – not that Twitter will ever go after their Western equivalents, being an American propaganda platform.
4) Could have been me poasting a Black crime/IQ related Tweet as a reply to this disgusting BBC article attempting to promote the American bn worship religion to Russia.
5) Too many strikes on whatever internal “social credit” they use.
In any case, the results are already quite stark. Having lost ~2% of traffic due to the Facebook ban, more than a third due to the Google deranking, and ~10% due to the Twitter shadowban, that’s basically a halving of visitorship to my blog just due to the whims of Google, Zucc, and @jack.
This is why I keep saying that social media is a cancer.
Unfortunately, @VileVarangian – one of the interesting and humorous accounts on Russia right Twitter – was not so lucky, he was jacked outright. His new account is here: https://twitter.com/pun_varangian
HOG (Hack Occupation Government) got @vilevarangian.
Wrongthink: "Remember that press freedom is a meme. Journalists are always oligarch lackeys… Ordinary citizen shilling for press & journos is always a cuck. So, don't trust capitalists, disdain journos, beat libertarians."
— «««Anatꙮly Karlin»»» (@akarlin88) June 12, 2020
On that last note – https://akarlin.com/donations/