Probably quite representative sample of Russian Bioleninists c.2020 – speakers at some “No Borders Festival”, an online event devoted to “dialogue with people who ran away from persecution and war”, people who “suffered from xenophobia, racism, and anti-Semitism”, as well as “bloggers, activists, human rights defenders, and migration experts.”
The “faces” on display are as unsurprising as they are nonetheless instructive. From left to right, and top to bottom:
- Chick with problem glasses spoke on anti-Semitism, she works at the University of Göttingen.
- Guy on post-colonial studies and how they help understand Russia.
- Girl with the very Russian name of Bella Rappaport, “feminist activist” and “gender researcher”, on how “everyday anti-Semitism influences the internal perception of the self”.
- The smiling hapa (?) girl is a singer.
- The Chad black DJ “Simba” who is probably banging all the foids here.
- Girl on the “slave trade in Russia today”.
- “Independent expert” working in “human rights” on the “structural discrimination against the Roma (gypsies) in Russia”.
- “Blogger” and “activist” mulatta (?) girl on “a short history of nationalism in Russia in the 21st century”, presumably not from an overly positive perspective.
- “Playwright” girl on “how to live if you’re a disgrace to the nation”, perhaps the single most topical presentation of the lot.
These people do exist in Russia, but as one might imagine, they are marginals even relative to the mainstream non-systemic liberal opposition, which might hate Russia as much as they do but do so from the perspective of pre-SJW Western liberals and conservatives (which now, ironically, makes them verging on reactionary to many suddenly radicalized Westerners).
And, most likely, they will remain marginals. There is not much of a social pool for these ideas: Apart from the lingering effects of the Soviet Freezer, there is no awning generational gap in wealth between boomers and the young that is a major driver of Bioleninist radicalization in the West. And the government makes their lives uncomfortable. I note that the organization behind the event, refugee_help on Instagram, declares/boasts that it has been declared a “foreign agent NGO” by the Russian Ministry of Justice.