Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1983 Issue - 18 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-12
Japanese war crimes... good advice from the Joints Chiefs' chairman... and other odds a...
- Memo of the Month, p. 13
- How The IMF Makes the World Safe for Depression, pp. 14-20
The little-understood international agency that puts Paul Volcker to shame.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 21
- The Agony and The Avarice, pp. 22-25
Meet Congressman Frank Guarini of New Jersey. He made a million off his clients' cancer.
American Medicine Under the Knife
- Radical Surgery: Let's Draft The Doctors, pp. 26-35
Saving health care isn't for the fainthearted.
- Accidents Will Happen, pp. 36-40
Now you're thinking like a doctor.
- The Wards Are Paved With Gold, pp. 41-47
And you thought the computer industry was booming.
- The Flying Lazarus, pp. 48-54
How the Pentagon brought the C-5 transport plane back from the dead.
- Monthly Journalism Award, pp. 55-56
- Political Puzzle, p. 57
- Who's Who, p. 58
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 59
[+] Review The Clay Pedestal, by Thomas A. Preston (Review) , p. 59
- The Clay Pedestal by Thomas A. Preston
[+] Review Doing More With Less, by Demetrios Caraley (Review) , p. 59
- Doing More With Less by Demetrios Caraley
[+] Review Newswatch: How TV Decides the News, by Av Westin (Review) , p. 60
- Newswatch: How TV Decides the News by Av Westin
[+] Review Without Precedent, by John G. Adams (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Without Precedent by John G. Adams
- Cover photograph