The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
September 1981 Issue - 20 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-7
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 8-13
Where to find the Buck Finns of today... how Reagan is subsidizing communism... and oth...
- All Aboard Air Oblivion, pp. 14-26
The helicopter Army is its own worst enemy.
- The AARPscam Caper, pp. 27-30
How a little-known lawsuit is fleecing 13 million senior citizens.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 31
- "I Killed Gig Young!", pp. 32-39
Confessions from inside the National Enquirer.
- Why American Voters Should Watch French TV, pp. 40-42
Instead of wine and perfume, we should import some of their election laws.
- Slaying the Message: How the Frank Snepp Case Hurts Us All, pp. 43-50
Once again, the CIA bumped off the wrong man.
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 51
- Who's Who, pp. 52-54
- Memo of the Month, pp. 55-56
- Political Puzzle, p. 57
[+] Political Booknotes (7 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review Blue Smoke and Mirrors, by Jack W. Germond and... (Review) , p. 58
- Blue Smoke and Mirrors by Jack W. Germond and Jules Witcover
[+] Review The Iron Triangle, by Gordon Adams (Review) , p. 58
- The Iron Triangle by Gordon Adams
[+] Review The Last Ambassador, by Bernard Kalb and Marvi... (Review) , p. 58
- The Last Ambassador by Bernard Kalb and Marvin Kalb
[+] Review The Reagan Revolution, by Rowland Evans and Ro... (Review) , p. 59
- The Reagan Revolution by Rowland Evans and Robert Novak
[+] Review Richard Nixon: The Shaping of His Character, b... (Review) , p. 59
- Richard Nixon: The Shaping of His Character by Fawn M. Brodie
[+] Review Righteous Gentile, by John Bierman (Review) , p. 60
- Righteous Gentile by John Bierman
[+] Review Working the Street, by Michael K. Brown (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Working the Street by Michael K. Brown
- Cover Photograph