Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
December 1981 Issue - 21 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-7
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 8-13
Whom the CIA should really protect... why the judge did it on TV... and other odds and ...
- Inside a Senate Hearing, pp. 14-22
How reform got derailed.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 23
- The Case for Selling Justice, pp. 24-28
Let's make it official.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 29
EPA in Disarray
- Muzzling the Watchdog, pp. 30-35
Ronald Reagan's putting pollution control to sleep...
- Manager of the Year, pp. 36-39
...while Anne Gorsuch ties the EPA up in red tape.
- The Merit Racket, pp. 40-47
How SATs are ruining the GNP.
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 48
- Who's Who, p. 49
- The Reagan Court's First Fop, pp. 50-55
Meet the man who's done even less with his life than Betsy Bloomingdale.
- Political Puzzle, p. 56
[+] On Political Books (Review) , p. 57
The Takeover Barons of Wall Street, by Richard Phalon
- The Takeover Barons of Wall Street by Richard Phalon
[+] Political Booknotes (7 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review Amnesty International, by Jonathan Power (Review) , p. 58
- Amnesty International by Jonathan Power
[+] Review Enterprise Zones, by Stuart M. Butler (Review) , p. 58
- Enterprise Zones by Stuart M. Butler
[+] Review The New Elite, by David Lebedoff (Review) , p. 58
- The New Elite by David Lebedoff
[+] Review Strategy and Choice in Congressional Elections... (Review) , p. 58
- Strategy and Choice in Congressional Elections by Gary C. Jacobson and Samuel Kernell
- Memo of the Month, p. 59
[+] Review Successful American Urban Plans, by W.G. Roeseler (Review) , p. 60
- Successful American Urban Plans by W.G. Roeseler
[+] Review U.S. v. Crime in the Streets, by Thomas E. Cro... (Review) , pp. 60-62
- U.S. v. Crime in the Streets by Thomas E. Cronin, Tania Z. Cronin, and Michael E. Milakovich, ...