Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
December 1980 Issue - 17 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-11
- Abolish the 5th Amendment, pp. 12-19
It protects the guilty without helping the innocent.
- Scenes from A Political Marriage, p. 20
A tour-rabbi marriage, standing in line for a kiss, and newspapers on the wedding night.
- Memo of the Month, pp. 20-33
- The Case Against NATO, pp. 34-36
Europe can afford to defend itself.
- English, Si. Spanish No., pp. 37-44
Spanish-speaking Americans deserve help--to learn English, not Spanish.
- Tidbits & Outrages, p. 45
- Joey, Marisa, and Monsieur Kita at The Swimming Pool Summit, pp. 46-52
Diary of an international conference.
- Political Puzzle, pp. 53-54
- Who's Who, p. 55
[+] On Political Books (Review) , pp. 56-57
High in America, by Patrick Anderson
- High in America by Patrick Anderson
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review Coping with Proposition 13, by Roger L. Kemp (Review) , p. 58
- Coping with Proposition 13 by Roger L. Kemp
[+] Review The Ministry of Culture, by Michael MacDonald ... (Review) , pp. 58-59
- The Ministry of Culture by Michael MacDonald Mooney
[+] Review Overshoot, by William R. Catton, Jr. (Review) , p. 60
- Overshoot by William R. Catton, Jr.
[+] Review The Political Economy of Antitrust, by William... (Review) , pp. 60-62
- The Political Economy of Antitrust by William F. Baxter
- Cover Art