Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
April 1979 Issue - 18 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-4
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 5-11
- The Fall of the Republicans, pp. 12-26
Mr. Clean was in the White House, the Republicans had neutralized the press, big busine...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 27-28
- Let the Nurses Do It, pp. 29-36
It's time to stop taking the doctors' word for what they can and cannot do. Much of the...
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 37
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 38-39
- How to Take The Big Money Out of Politics, pp. 40-42
Put David Garth out of business.
- Political Puzzle, p. 43
- Abolish the SBA, pp. 44-51
Small business is too important to be left to the Small Business Administration.
- Who's Who, pp. 52-54
- Politicking in the Press Corps: Just Like the Real Thing, pp. 55-59
When reporters hold their own elections, they behave a lot like the politicians they co...
[+] Political Books (Review) , pp. 60-61
Ten Thousand Working Days, by Robert Schrank
- Ten Thousand Working Days by Robert Schrank
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 62
[+] Review Empire, by Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele (Review) , p. 62
- Empire by Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele
[+] Review Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Pol... (Review) , p. 62
- Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Policy, 1932-1945 by Robert Dallek
[+] Review The Man from Ida Grove, by Harold E. Hughes an... (Review) , p. 63
- The Man from Ida Grove by Harold E. Hughes and Dick Schneider
[+] Review Schooled to Order, by David Nasaw (Review) , pp. 63-66
- Schooled to Order by David Nasaw
- Cover Art