Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
March 1976 Issue - 13 Articles
- Wall Street: The Entrepreneur's Worst Friend, pp. 3-7
The stock market doesn't put its money where its mouth is.
The Culture of Bureaucracy
- The Firemen First Principle, p. 8
How the Clever Bureaucrat beats the budget cutter.
- Memo of the Month, pp. 8-11
- The Texas Airline War, pp. 12-19
Low fares and hot pants: a challenge to the C.A.B.
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 20-21
Special Book Section
- Annual Political Book Award, pp. 22-23
- Wildly Out of Control, pp. 24-26
If you've ever wondered what HEW is doing with its billions, this new Brookings study w...
- Waco, Wilt and the Ama, pp. 27-34
The practical problems libertarians and conservatives overlook.
- Earl Warren: On the Mob's Payroll?, pp. 35-46
The Kennedy assassinologists are still with us, and their conspiracy keeps on getting b...
- The Political Puzzle, p. 47
- Intimidation and Power: Games Losers Play, pp. 48-55
A look at the new screw-your-buddy books.
- Putting the Sex Back Into Rape, pp. 56-62
Susan Brownmiller helps break down the walls we put around rape; but she can't break do...
[+] Political Booknotes (8 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
Adlai Stevenson of Illinois, by John Bartlow Martin
- Adlai Stevenson of Illinois by John Bartlow Martin
- The Children of the Counter-Culture by John Rothchild and Susan Berns Wolf
- Discriminating Against Discrimination by Robert M. O'Neil
- A Man Called Intrepid by William Stevenson
- Media Access by Andrew O. Shapiro
- No Thank You, Mr. President by John Herbers
- The Radical Center by Donald I. Warren
- The Wallace factor by Philip Crass