The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
July 1976 Issue - 10 Articles
- Delivering the Mail: We Did It Once and We Can Do It Again, pp. 6-11
When 'polities' was taken out of the Post Office, it began to serve postal employees ra...
- Anybody But Broder: Our Stop-The-Columnist Movement, pp. 12-24
The political columnists didn't foresee the new ideas and new faces this year. They wer...
- Why the Bright New Congressmen Couldn'tDeliver on Tax Reform, pp. 25-28
The new wave of reforming congressmen soon found that the more they tried to change the...
- Political Puzzle, pp. 29-30
- The Triumph and the Trivia:Inside the CarterHeadquarters in Pennsylvania, pp. 31-39
How Franklin Delano Lopez, Joe Timilty and 'Too Tall' Rutherford won the Pennsylvania p...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 40-41
- Making Enemies: The Pike Committee's Struggle to Get the Facts, pp. 42-52
A staff employee on the Pike Committee reveals how the CIA fought to keep its track rec...
- Memo of the Month, p. 53
- The Myth of Corporate Democracy, pp. 54-61
Corporate directors don't direct. Self-perpetuating managers run the show.
[+] Political Booknotes (8 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
The Collapse of Democracy, by Robert Moss
- The Collapse of Democracy by Robert Moss
- Crime and Punishment by Aryeh Neier
- The Crossman Diaries by Richard H.S. Crossman and Anthony Howard
- Dilemmas of Masculinity by Mirra Komarovsky
- Me and Ralph by David Sanford
- Mencken's Last Campaign by Joseph C. Goulden
- The New England States by Neal R. Peirce
- Prognosis Negative by David Kotelchuck