The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
December 1976 Issue - 11 Articles
- Concerns About Carter- and His Chief Courtier, pp. 2-8
Jody Powell and Jimmy Carter are extremely able men. Their mutual chemistry, however, m...
- Off-Off-BroadwayHas Lessons for Us All, pp. 9-21
The American theater has an important message for the American people.
- The Case Against Day Care, pp. 22-31
Practically everyone is for day care, but practically all the evidence says it's bad fo...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 32-35
- How to Break the TiesThat Bind Congress to the Lobbies and Agencies, pp. 36-41
Committees, as Woodrow Wilson observed, are what makes Congress work, and they're now a...
- No Place to Go, pp. 42-48
The craze for deinstitutionalization fails to consider the people who shouldn't be let ...
- Memo of the Month, p. 49
- The Truth at Last: How Nixon Beat Humphrey, pp. 50-53
Have you always suspected that Nixon stole that one, too? Here's the proof--from Anna C...
- How the Condor Was Killed, pp. 54-60
Congress defeated the Pentagon once and can do it again. Here are the secrets.
- Political Puzzle, p. 61
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
The American Police State, by David Wise
- The American Police State by David Wise
- Bureaucratic Zoo by James Boren
- The End of Exurbia by John J. Tarrant
- From Mary Noble to Mary Hartman by Madeleine Edmondson
- A Scientist at the White House by George B. Kistiakowsky