Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1975 Issue - 10 Articles
- Accountants: Those Wonderful People Who Brought You Maurice Stans, pp. 4-16
If authors could choose their own critics, they'd get rave reviews every time. But busi...
- Memo of the Month, p. 17
Sanity in Our Mideastern Policy
- Shaking the Sheiks, pp. 18-22
The oil princes should realize that we have enough economic weapons to take them down w...
- Getting Tough With Israel, pp. 23-27
The Israelis should return to their 1967 boundaries or forfeit our support.
- Arming the Shah: Alms for the Rich, pp. 28-32
When we began sending weapons to Iran it was both a needy and staunch friend of the Uni...
- View from the Bench: A Judge's Day, pp. 33-39
If you suspected that our system of justice is on the verge of chaos, here is confirmat...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 40-45
- The Political Puzzle, p. 46
- Getting to Know Your Congressman: The $500 Understanding, pp. 47-62
Bribery has gone the way of the cigar store Indian. Now the name of the game is "access...
[+] Political Book Notes (6 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
Dear America, by Karl Hess
- Dear America by Karl Hess
- Ending Insult to Injury by Jeffrey O'Connell
- The Experts by Clyde Edwin Pettit
- The Heel of Achilles by Arthur Koestler
- Pyramids of Sacrifice by Peter L. Berger
- The Rise and Fall of the DC-10 by John Godson