The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
July 1970 Issue - 13 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- Atomic Power Abuse.The AEC in Colorado, pp. 6-14
We'll tell you about the risks ( ) We'll tell you what we're doing ( ) We know what we'...
- The Marginal Utilities, pp. 15-22
After 20 years of struggling to promote nuclear energy as the safe and economical comin...
- The Political Puzzle, pp. 23-27
- Pollution Porkbarrel: Down to Earth on Earth Day, pp. 28-31
In which we learn that industry has discovered the brighter side of pollution. So have ...
- Paying for Nato, pp. 32-38
It's about time, the Senator says, for our European allies to begin picking up their fa...
- Violence and Masculinity, pp. 39-48
Streetcorner battles, making women, and making war flow from the single urge to dominat...
- Conus Revisited: The Army Covers Up, pp. 49-58
The Army is still spying on civilian politics. The man who first exposed the military's...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 59-60
- Renewal in New York: The State Tries Its Hand, pp. 61-67
For all its innovative powers, New York's new super development agency is having a hard...
The Culture of Bureaucracy
- Dia: Intelligence to Please, pp. 68-75
Are we "winning" or "losing"? The Defense Intelligence Agency will tailor evidence to p...
[+] Book Review (Review) , pp. 76-82
Look on these memoirs and beware.
- Public Works: A Dangerous Trade by Robert Moses