Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
April 2004 Issue - 17 Articles
- Editor's Note, p. 4
In defense of drunken sailors
- Contributors, p. 5
- Letters, pp. 6-7
Domination fantasies, just say no again, self-delusions
- Citings, pp. 8-13
Flower power, climate change confidential, letting genes out of the bottle, textbook to...
- Hack Roast, pp. 14-15
When citizens attack...reporters
- Abuse Revisited, pp. 16-17
A feminist challenges the conventional wisdom about domestic violence
- Playing to the Totalitarian Left, pp. 18-19
Two democratic candidates appeal to their party's "core"
- Free Play, pp. 20-27
The politics of the video game
- Emotional Choices, pp. 28-35
What story you choose to believe about antidepressants reveals a deeper truth about who...
- Washington's Biggest Crime Problem, pp. 36-44
The federal government's ever-expanding criminal code is an affront to justice and the ...
- Building the Perfect Candidate, pp. 45-49
The dreamboat and the dud we'll actually get
Culture & Reviews
[+] Regulation for Dummies (Review) , pp. 50-54
Is the FDA necessary?
- Protecting America's Health by Philip J. Hilts
- Hobbes in Cyberspace, p. 55
Life in an online game world proves nasty, brutish, and short
[+] Fools to Communism (Review) , pp. 56-63
Still apologists after all these years
- In Denial by John Earl Haynes and Harvey Klehr
[+] Transcendental Goods (Review) , pp. 64-65
Charles Murray discusses art, accomplishment, faith, and doubt
- Human Accomplishment by Charles Murray
- Artifact: Text Lit, pp. 66-68
How cell phones really send messages
- Cover Illustration