Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
January 2000 Issue - 30 Articles
- High-Tech's Starr Report, p. 4
The Consequences of a Software Culture War
- Editor's Note, p. 5
- Boom and Gloom, pp. 6-7
Accentuating the Negative in an Age of Plenty
- Letters, pp. 8-11
- Futile Resistance, p. 12
- Betrayed Principals , p. 12
- Balance Sheet , p. 12
- Gangsta Cops , p. 13
- Permission Slip , p. 13
- Anti-Milk Men , p. 14
- Photo Finish , p. 15
- Hair Trigger , p. 15
- Pissing Contest , p. 15
- Cypersquat Thrusts , p. 16
- Info Gap , p. 17
- Charles Oliver , pp. 18-19
- No-Publicity Stunts, pp. 20-23
In Which Our Man in Washington Goes Where Other Reporters are Too Jaded to Tread
- Rampaging Toward Choice, pp. 24-33
Why Parents in Washington, D.C., are Embracing Vouchers and Charter Schools--and what t...
- Cold Comfort, pp. 34-43
Economist John Lott Discusses the Benefits of Guns--and the Hazards of Pointing them Out.
- Crop Busters, pp. 44-49
Self-Righteous Vandals Lead a Desperate, Ill-informed Campaign against Genetically Modi...
- Unlocking the Cells, pp. 50-51
DNA Technology Frees the Innocent as Well as Convicting the Guilty.
- Electric Visions, pp. 52-55
Unleashing the Market for Power
- Code Breakers, pp. 56-59
The GOP has Forsaken Reagan's Tax Message.
- Broadband and the Beast, pp. 60-63
'Open Access' Regulations may Delay Faster Internet Connections.
The Magic Settlement"
- Puff, the Magic Settlement, pp. 64-66
The Joy of Enormous Tobacco Fees
[+] Not-So-Grand Inquests (Review) , pp. 67-68
An Affair of State, by Richard A. Posner
- An Affair of State by Richard A. Posner
[+] Jedediah the Ironist (Review) , pp. 69-71
For Common Things, by Jedediah Purdy
- For Common Things by Jedediah Purdy
[+] The First Web (Review) , pp. 72-73
The Victorian Internet, by Tom Standage
- The Victorian Internet by Tom Standage
- Brooklyn Bums, pp. 74-76
Welfare Reform for Artists
- Cover illustration