Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
April 1999 Issue - 32 Articles
- Power Fantasies, pp. 4-5
- Following Suit , pp. 6-7
- Letters, pp. 8-11
- Damned Revenuers, p. 12
- Tax Nightmares , p. 12
- Balance Sheet , p. 12
- Voucher Victory , p. 12
- Sperm Wars , p. 13
- General Nonsense , p. 14
- Love's Labour Relocated , p. 15
- Renaming History , p. 15
- Papal Beef , p. 16
- High Numbers , p. 17
- Road Rage , p. 17
- Brickbats , pp. 18-19
- Judgement Days, pp. 20-23
In which Our man in Washington Discovers the Newest Conservative Outrage, Prepares for ...
- All Culture, All the Time, pp. 24-25
It's Easier Than Ever to Make and Buy Culture. No Wonder Some People Are so Upset.
- Joe's Garage, pp. 26-28
- Mail-Order Movie Madness, pp. 29-30
- Word Wars, pp. 31-33
- John Henry, RIP, pp. 34-35
- Precautionary Tale, pp. 36-41
The Latest Environmentalist Concept--the Precautionary Principle--Seeks to Stop Innovat...
- 'The Body' Politic, pp. 42-47
Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura Slams Republicans, Democrats, and Big Government.
- Dense Feedback, pp. 48-51
- I Want My Satellite TV, pp. 52-53
The Government's Television Grab
- Reinventing the Border, pp. 54-55
Will Congress Finally Reform the INS?
- A Woburn FAQ, pp. 56-58
On A Civil Action, skepticism is overdue.
[+] Wandering in the Wilderness (Review) , pp. 59-60
An Empire Wilderness, by Robert D. Kaplan
- An Empire Wilderness by Robert D. Kaplan
[+] Government Greed (Review) , pp. 61-62
The Greedy Hand, by Amity Shlaes
- The Greedy Hand by Amity Shlaes
[+] More for Less (Review) , pp. 63-65
Myths of Rich and Poor, by W. Michael Cox and Richard Alm
- Myths of Rich and Poor by W. Michael Cox and Richard Alm
- The Education Precedent, pp. 66-68
School Reform Flunks its History Test.
- Cover illustration