Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
November 1997 Issue - 15 Articles
- Fighting Words, pp. 4-6
- Prisoners' Dilemma , pp. 7-23
- Climate Controls, pp. 24-31
If We Treated Global Warming as a Technical Problem Instead of a Moral Outrage, We Coul...
- Stand-Up Guy, pp. 32-37
- Software Pirates, pp. 38-43
Congress never gave the FDA Power to Control Medical Practice. But the Agency Seized it...
- Computer Games, pp. 44-46
The Crime of Internet Subsidies
- Fine Wines and Wine Fines, pp. 47-48
Restrictions on interstate sales of alcoholic beverages turn oenophiles into smugglers.
- New Waterworld Order, pp. 49-50
Real Offshore Havens are on the Horizon.
- Literature in Chains, pp. 51-53
Are Superstore Databases Turning Books into Pretzels?
- Say What?, pp. 54-55
Civil Rights Enforcers go after 'Accent Discrimination.'
[+] Good Genes (Review) , pp. 56-58
The Origins of Virtue, by Matt Ridley
- The Origins of Virtue by Matt Ridley
[+] Kill Amtrak Now! (Review) , pp. 59-61
Derailed, by Joseph Vranich
- Derailed by Joseph Vranich
[+] Critique of Pure Skepticism (Review) , pp. 62-65
Why People Believe Weird Things, by Michael Shermer
- Why People Believe Weird Things by Michael Shermer
- Presidential Softball, pp. 66-68
Clinton Gets Blanked by the Supremes.
- Cover illustration