Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
April 1985 Issue - 20 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- Flatter than Flat, p. 6
- Harboring Illegals , p. 7
- Brickbats, pp. 8-9
- Trends, pp. 10-21
Blazing Trails to Indian Prosperity
- Ciskei's Independent Way, pp. 22-33
Critics at home say this black 'homeland' is a traitor to the anti-apartheid cause. Cri...
- How to Short-Circuit the Utility Monopoly, pp. 34-38
- The Ovals, pp. 39-41
Make way, Hollywood! It's time to hand out awards for the real entertainment of 1984--t...
- Congress's Conservative Young Turks, pp. 42-47
A Group of brash young representatives calls itself the 'Conservative Opportunity Socie...
- Viewpoint, pp. 48-49
Who Needs Government? Not Small Businesses
- Taxes, p. 50
Keeping What's Yours
- Spotlight, p. 51
The Wright Brothers' Latest Successors
- Lite & Liberty, pp. 52-53
Whatever You do, Don't Tell the Pigeons!
[+] The Book Case (Review) , pp. 54-55
How Heroic are Entrepreneurs?
- The Spirit of Enterprise by George F. Gilder
[+] Ayn Rand's Literary Journey (Review) , p. 56
The Early Ayn Rand, by Leonard Peikoff and Ayn Rand
- The Early Ayn Rand by Leonard Peikoff and Ayn Rand
[+] Lessons from the Great Energy Crisis (Review) , pp. 57-58
Creating Abundance, by Roger W. Sant and James Bishop
- Creating Abundance by Roger W. Sant and James Bishop
[+] Tax Rebellion---A Perennial Protest (Review) , pp. 59-60
Secrets of the Tax Revolt, by James Adams
- Secrets of the Tax Revolt by James Adams
[+] The Errant Education Elite (Review) , pp. 61-65
NEA, by Samuel L. Blumenfeld
- NEA by Samuel L. Blumenfeld
- Further & More, pp. 66-68
Aliens as Assets
- Cover photographs