Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
August 1982 Issue - 21 Articles
- Notes, pp. 4-5
- Editorial, pp. 6-7
Let 'Em Fly
- Letters, pp. 8-9
- Brickbats, pp. 10-11
- Trends, pp. 12-20
- Don't Plan to Die, pp. 21-28
How much do you Really Know about Nuclear War?
- Benito and Franklin, pp. 29-32
There were striking parallels between the economic programs of Mussolini and FDR. Were ...
- Star Laws, pp. 33-35
It won't be long till people are living and working in space, but existing space law ma...
- The Battle of Back Creek, pp. 36-39
The Big Guys Wanted a Piece of the Water Taxi Business... but they wouldn't Fight Fair.
- Reason Interview, pp. 40-44
Paul Craig Roberts
- Viewpoint, p. 45
Plumbing the Economy
- Money, p. 46
The Futures of Stocks
- Health & Welfare, p. 47
Health & Welfare Hope for Herpes
- Spotlight, p. 48
Arts & Letters
[+] Movies (3 Reviews) , pp. 49-50
The Road Warrior; Hanky Panky; Wrong is Right
- The Road Warrior (1981 Film) by George Miller
- Hanky Panky (1982 Film) by Sidney Poitier
- Wrong Is Right (1982 Film) by Richard Brooks
[+] Rethinking Socialism (2 Reviews) , p. 51
Economic Calculation in the Socialist Society, by Trygve J.B. Hoff
- Economic Calculation in the Socialist Society by Trygve J.B. Hoff
- The Recovery of Freedom by Paul Johnson
[+] Can Freedom Flourish (Review) , p. 52
Bound to Be Free, by Richard B. McKenzie
- Bound to Be Free by Richard B. McKenzie
[+] Cracks in the Constitution (Review) , p. 53
The Birth of the Transfer Society, by Terry L. Anderson and Peter J. Hill
- The Birth of the Transfer Society by Terry L. Anderson and Peter J. Hill
[+] Condemned by Their Own Words (Review) , p. 54
Among the Believers, by V.S. Naipaul
- Among the Believers by V.S. Naipaul
[+] Labor Regulation---Does Anyone Benefit? (Review) , pp. 54-60
Deregulating Labor Regulations, by Daniel C. Heldman, James T. Bennett, and Manuel John...
- Deregulating Labor Regulations by Daniel C. Heldman, James T. Bennett, and Manuel Johnson, ...
- Cover design