Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
August 1980 Issue - 14 Articles
- Editor's Notes, pp. 4-15
- Who Caused Three Mile Island?, pp. 16-23
After five major investigations, the real reason for the Three Mile Island accident has...
- Naderizing The Giant Corporation, pp. 24-28
A close-up look at the people and ideas behind the push for corporate democracy.
- The Registration Placebo, p. 29
America's real defense needs will not be met by draft registration
- How Do You Know Your Doctor's Not a Quack?, pp. 30-33
Present medical licensing is a sham. A doctor points the way to better protection for m...
- Conning Journalists for Psychiatric Profit, pp. 34-38
Every day, journalists who think they're being objective are parroting others' value ju...
- Viewpoint, p. 39
- Money, p. 40
The Death of Hard Money?
- Spotlight, p. 41
Arts & Letters
[+] Movies (2 Reviews) , pp. 42-43
Survival Run; The Thirty-Nine Steps; Spirit of the Wind; We Are Not Alone; The Fifth Floor
- Survival Run (1980 Film)
- The Thirty-Nine Steps (1935 Film) by Alfred Hitchcock
[+] Across-the-Board Tax Cuts---But Not Freedom (Review) , p. 44
An American Renaissance, by Jack Kemp
- An American Renaissance by Jack Kemp
[+] Living Longer (Review) , p. 45
The Life-Extension Revolution, by Saul Kent
- The Life-Extension Revolution by Saul Kent
[+] What's This New Age Stuff? (Review) , pp. 46-47
New Age Politics, by Mark Satin
- New Age Politics by Mark Satin
[+] The Spy Who... (Review) , pp. 48-52
Smiley's People, by John le Carre
- Smiley's People by John le Carre