Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
February 1979 Issue - 17 Articles
- Editor's Notes, p. 4
Articles Prove Prophetic
- Letters, pp. 5-11
- Brickbats, p. 12
Things Have Been Rough
- Trends, pp. 13-17
- The Great 1979 Social Security Heist, pp. 18-23
Taxes Hiked 31%. Benefits Slashed 20%. Happy New Year.
- Unchain the Electronic Media, pp. 24-26
A Well-Known Broadcast Journalist Charges the Federal Communications Commission with Su...
- The Decline and Fall of Broadcasters' Rights, pp. 27-29
A Fortured Reading of the First Amendment has Allowed Every Street-Corner Crackpot and ...
- Individualism: For Whites Only?, pp. 30-33
A Black Writer Questions the Unthinking Linkage of Blacks and Collectivism.
- Was Plato a Libertarian?, pp. 34-36
Despite His Reputation as a Roaring Statist, Plato Espoused a Surprising Number of Libe...
- Saving Swedes from Themselves, pp. 37-38
Having its First Nonsocialist Government in 43 Years hasn't Prevented Sweden from Drift...
- Viewpoint, p. 39
- Independent Businesswoman, p. 40
[+] --- by Murray N. Rothbard (Review) , p. 41
- Welfare by Martin Anderson
[+] Review The Moral Status of Animals, by Stephen R.L. C... (Review) , p. 42
- The Moral Status of Animals by Stephen R.L. Clark
[+] Review The Taxpayer's Guide to Effective Tax Revolt, ... (Review) , p. 43
- The Taxpayer's Guide to Effective Tax Revolt by Sheldon D. Engelmayer and Robert J. Wagman
[+] Stevie; Midnight Express; A Slave of Love; Blood Brothers (4 Reviews) , pp. 44-45
- Stevie (1978 Film) by Robert Enders
- Midnight Express (1978 Film) by Alan Parker
- A Slave of Love (1978 Film) by Nikita Mikhalkov
- Bloodbrothers (1978 Film) by Robert Mulligan
[+] Review The International Man, by Douglas R. Casey (Review) , pp. 46-52
- The International Man by Douglas R. Casey