The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
December 12, 1994 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: Closing the Books, pp. 9-11
On Thomas vs. Hill, two accounts yield a single conclusion
- In the Mail, pp. 12-15
- Goings On About Town, pp. 16-44
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 45-49
Postscript on a killer; the independent filmmakers' guru; mischief on Madison Avenue; h...
- Our Far-Flung Correspondents: Drawing the Line, pp. 50-62
A request from Orthodox Jews in London began a battle over the boundaries of what is ac...
- In the Garden: Earthly Delights, pp. 63-71
How do gardeners survive the winter? The right gift helps
- Onward and Upward with the Arts: Medium Cool, pp. 72-83
Wynton Marsalis is today's most acclaimed jazz musician, so why has his Lincoln Center ...
- A Critic at Large: Read All About It, pp. 84-89
Who is to blame for the media's current crisis? An investigation of recent books reveal...
- Showcase: Truffaut's Twin, pp. 90-93
- "Flies", pp. 94-101
- Easel: Gift Wrap, pp. 102-103
- Fiction: "Dark Hour", pp. 104-108
[+] An Undeciphered Residue (Review) , pp. 109-116
Naturalist, by Edward O. Wilson
- Naturalist by Edward O. Wilson
- Children's Books, pp. 117-119
Titles for the holidays
- "Artichoke", pp. 120-124
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 125-129
- Tom and Viv (1994 Film) by Brian Gilbert
- Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994 Film) by Alan Rudolph
- The Theatre, pp. 130-131
"Vita & Virginia"
- Musical Events, pp. 132-135
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 136-138
The Con Channel
- Cover: Santa Claus in Town