The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
October 11, 1993 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: He-e-ere's Justice, pp. 6-9
Let's put the Supreme Court on camera, not in camera
- In the Mail, pp. 10-13
- Goings On About Town, pp. 14-40
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 41-47
The Seventy-second Precinct's finest, Art Garfunkel's America, etc.
- Annals of Madison Ave: The Berlin Spin, pp. 48-70
Things didn't work out at DDB Needham Worldwide, but Andy Berlin, now with his own agen...
- Casual: "The Pickwick Capers", pp. 71-73
- Letter from Europe: Bad Blood, pp. 74-77
For the sake of French "honor," thirteen hundred people were infected with the AIDS vir...
- "Local Superstition", pp. 78-80
- Artist's Notebook: The Janet Reno Collection, pp. 81-85
- Artist at Large: Veni, Vidi, Vici, pp. 86-90
- "Angels Among the Servants", pp. 91-95
- Onward and Upward with the Arts: Still Truckin', pp. 96-97
The Grateful Dead, the original interactive rock band, are now the most popular concert...
- "Reading History", pp. 98-102
- Fiction: "Shot: A New York Story", pp. 103-111
[+] Books: Kindly Visions (Review) , pp. 112-120
Reading National Geographic, by Catherine A. Lutz and Jane L. Collins
- Reading National Geographic by Catherine A. Lutz and Jane L. Collins
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 121-123
- Farewell My Concubine (1993 Film) by Kaige Chen
- M. Butterfly (1993 Film) by David Cronenberg
- The Theatre, pp. 124-126
"The Madness of King George III"
[+] Books: Briefly Noted (4 Reviews) , p. 127
A Different Person, by James Merrill
- A Different Person by James Merrill
- Late Fire, Late Snow by Robert Francis
- Devolution of the Nude by Lynne McMahon
- Life Work by Donald Hall
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 128-130
- Cover: Back in the New World