The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
October 3, 2005 Issue - 16 Articles
Politics & the World
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Why intelligent design isn't, etc.
- TRB: Sunken Cost, p. 6
The moral case against rebuilding New Orleans
- Engagement Party, p. 7
One small step for disarming North Korea, one giant leap for the Bush administration
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
Alberto Gonzales to the FBI: Watch porn, etc.
- Second Coming, p. 10
Why the new Bill Clinton thinks the war on terrorism is small potatoes
- Berlin Dispatch: Bundesbog, pp. 11-13
Germans have a word for the brand of brash and narcissistic politics that has led the c...
- Suicidology, pp. 14-17
Want to know who the jihadists in Iraq are? Just check out their online bios
- Building Model, pp. 18-19
What New Orleans can learn from Ground Zero
- Swimming with Sharkes, pp. 20-25
In the College Republicans, young GOPers learn to fight hard against Democrats---by pra...
Books & the Arts
[+] Films: Calls of the Wild (2 Reviews) , p. 26
An Unfinished Life (2005 Film), by Lasse Hallstrom
- An Unfinished Life (2005 Film) by Lasse Hallstrom
- Grizzly Man (2005 Film) by Werner Herzog
- Theater: Theater after 9/11, p. 27
Recycled revivals and escapist theater---in these times?
- A Game for Those Abroad at Night, p. 28
[+] Howard's End (Review) , pp. 29-31
On Beauty, by Zadie Smith
- On Beauty by Zadie Smith
[+] Mrs. America (Review) , pp. 32-37
Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, by Donald T. Critchlow
- Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism by Donald T. Critchlow
- Seoul Diarist, pp. 38-40
- Cover Illustration