Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
The Libertarian Review Archives
The Libertarian Review • 8 Years, 67 Issues, 882 Articles, 2,758pp
August 1981 Issue - 13 Articles
- Opening Shots, pp. 4-5
- LR Editorials, pp. 6-9
More forced equality; Reagan's China gamble; Catholics and conscientious objection
- Commerce Dpt., pp. 10-11
The agricultural cartel
- What Makes Cities Live, pp. 12-13
LR's senior editor takes an overall view of cities: their importance, their primary fun...
- Transit as if People Mattered, pp. 14-22
After decades of city, state, and federal transit plans, why do our transportation prob...
- The Guardian Angels: An Interview with Curtis Sliwa, pp. 23-27
A volunteer group of street kids makes the subways safer and wins the support of New Yo...
- Crime in the Cities - The Drug Connection, pp. 28-37
What is the link between heroin and crime, and why do law enforcement officials persist...
- The Shortage in Housing - The Crisis that Government Built, pp. 38-43
Parts of our cities look like bombed-out war zones, and even the middle class can't aff...
Books and Arts
[+] A walk on the supply side (Review) , pp. 44-46
Reaganomics, by Bruce Bartlett
- Reaganomics by Bruce Bartlett
[+] Nuclear power and market (Review) , pp. 47-48
Energy/War, by Amory B. Lovins
- Energy/War by Amory B. Lovins
[+] Brainstorms (3 Reviews) , pp. 49-51
Clash of the Titans (1981 Film), by Desmond Davis
- Clash of the Titans (1981 Film) by Desmond Davis
- The Legend of the Lone Ranger (1981 Film) by William A. Fraker
- Just a Gigolo (1979 Film) by David Hemmings
- On literary nationalism, p. 52
- Two cheers for anti-statism, pp. 53-56