Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
September 1982 Issue - 16 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-6
Strangling the economy; Death count in El Salvador; A Marshall Plan for blacks?
- Letters, pp. 7-8
- In Search of Free Speech., pp. 9-13
The Supreme Court can't make up its mind if advertising should enjoy First Amendment pr...
- Resisting Reagan's Draft., p. 14
Nearly 700,000 young Americans are refusing to register for the draft. The first indict...
- Russia's African Flop., pp. 15-18
The Soviets have suffered one African setback after another because of their own stupid...
- Getting the Government Out of the Environment, pp. 19-24
The long-term protection of the environment is better served by private owners than Was...
- The Weinberger Revolution, pp. 25-28
The really important question facing us is not why Al Haig left, or what plans George S...
- Taxes: The Flatter The Better?, pp. 29-33
A low flat-rate tax would curb IRS abuses, improve economic efficiency, and make raisin...
[+] Enter the new economists (Review) , pp. 34-35
Tomorrow Capitalism, by Henri Lepage
- Tomorrow Capitalism by Henri Lepage
- Poetry, p. 36
The Deviousness of Objects of Desire; New Brunswick Station, 12:37 P.M.
[+] Regenerative man (Review) , pp. 37-38
Oh What a Paradise It Seems!, by John Cheever
- Oh What a Paradise It Seems! by John Cheever
[+] The butcher of Konigsberg (Review) , pp. 39-41
The Ominous Parallels, by Leonard Peikoff
- The Ominous Parallels by Leonard Peikoff
- Rejoycings in Dublin., pp. 42-44
In James Joyce's centennial year, a thousand of his students and fans descended on Dubl...
[+] Author! Author! and Blade Runner. (2 Reviews) , pp. 45-47
Author! Author! (1982 Film), by Arthur Hiller
- Author! Author! (1982 Film) by Arthur Hiller
- Blade Runner (1982 Film) by Ridley Scott
- Making Things Work., pp. 48-50
The new liberals prowling Washington are so high-tech, so handsome, so without ideology...
- Cover illustration