Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
November 1982 Issue - 14 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-7
The default of nations; Westy's libel offensive.
- Letters, p. 8
- Running in the Usual Direction., p. 9
Everybody recognizes that there's not a dime's worth of difference between Republican a...
- The Welfare Mystique., pp. 10-13
Welfare is a feminist issue--instead of marrying men, or caring for themselves, success...
- The Collapse of the Reagan Revolution, pp. 14-19
Ronald Reagan rode into Washington on a landslide ready to turn decades of speeches int...
- Why We Are in Guatemala, pp. 20-25
The military government of Guatemala is attempting to win "hearts and minds" with "bean...
- The Teamster-I.C.C. Partnership, Unlimited, pp. 26-31
Deregulation of trucking by the Interstate Commerce Commission brought competition back...
[+] The environment and the elite (Review) , pp. 32-34
Progress and Privilege, by William Tucker
- Progress and Privilege by William Tucker
[+] Leaving the back door open (2 Reviews) , pp. 35-37
At Dawn We Slept, by Gordon W. Prange, Donald M. Goldstein, and Katherine V. Dillon, ...
- At Dawn We Slept by Gordon W. Prange, Donald M. Goldstein, and Katherine V. Dillon, ...
- Infamy: Pearl Harbor and Its Aftermath by John Toland
[+] Pseudo-market solutions (Review) , pp. 38-39
Privatizing the Public Sector, by Emanuel S. Savas
- Privatizing the Public Sector by Emanuel S. Savas
[+] The New Deal's populist cranks (Review) , pp. 40-42
Voices of Protest, by Alan Brinkley
- Voices of Protest by Alan Brinkley
[+] Mazursky's hapless strivers (2 Reviews) , pp. 43-47
- Tempest (1982 Film) by Paul Mazursky
- Lola (1982 Film) by Rainer Werner Fassbinder
- Dining with Marcos., pp. 48-50
Where else can a despicable dictator like the shah, Somoza, Mobutu, or Ferdinand Marcos...
- Cover illustration