Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
April 12, 1982 Issue - 10 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-5
Peace and profits; Trampling the regulatory fences; National insecurity.
- Letters, pp. 6-7
The Therapeutic State
- This Column Is Illegal., pp. 8-9
...And you're a lawbreaker, too, if you've slept in a bathtub in Detroit, worn suspende...
- The Truth Behind 'Missing.', pp. 10-12
The new movie about the Chilean coup has drawn fire from the New York Times and prompte...
- How to Really Cut the Budget, pp. 13-20
Reagan's idea of how to cut the budget is to add another $32 billion to it. Herewith, w...
- Showdown in the Sahara, pp. 21-25
In 'Casablanca,' Rick's American Cafe was where the power brokers met to trade in human...
[+] Purifying America (2 Reviews) , pp. 26-29
Elvis, by Albert Goldman
- Elvis by Albert Goldman
- Flowers in the Blood by Dean Latimer
[+] The Roosevelt myth (Review) , pp. 30-31
FDR: A Centenary Rememberance, 1882-1945, by Joseph Alsop
- FDR: A Centenary Rememberance, 1882-1945 by Joseph Alsop
[+] Romanticism and terror (Review) , pp. 32-33
The Myth of the Nation and Vision of Revolution, by Jacob L. Talmon
- The Myth of the Nation and Vision of Revolution by Jacob L. Talmon
[+] Missing and Circle of Deceit. (2 Reviews) , pp. 34-38
Missing (1982 Film), by Constantin Costa-Gavras
- Missing (1982 Film) by Constantin Costa-Gavras
- Circle of Deceit (1981 Film) by Volker Schlondorff