Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
August 4, 1980 Issue - 13 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-4
Computer games; sex at sea.
- Letters, p. 5
- Travels with Ramsey., pp. 6-7
Why did the State Department change its mind about Clark's trip to Iran? What really ha...
- Misfortune Cookies., pp. 8-9
Remember when your teacher made you practice hiding under the desk to escape falling at...
- The Draft--A Modest Proposal., pp. 10-11
In which we eliminate crime, solve the energy crisis, and make conscription fair to eve...
- Who's Behind John Anderson?, pp. 12-16
It's very chic to be for Anderson this year--after all, he's the "outsider," right? So ...
- Flouting Poland's Censors, pp. 17-20
Polish authors have found that the only way to get it right is to print it themselves--...
[+] Runaway reformers (Review) , pp. 21-22
The Progressive Presidents, by John Morton Blum
- The Progressive Presidents by John Morton Blum
[+] Educating despite the state (Review) , p. 23
The Modern School Movement, by Paul Avrich
- The Modern School Movement by Paul Avrich
- Two Poems, p. 24
[+] At loose ends (Review) , pp. 25-27
Elie Halevy: An Intellectual Biography, by Myrna Chase
- Elie Halevy: An Intellectual Biography by Myrna Chase
- Nigerian Treasures., p. 28
[+] The Shining and The Island. (2 Reviews) , pp. 29-34
The Shining (1980 Film), by Stanley Kubrick
- The Shining (1980 Film) by Stanley Kubrick
- The Island (1980 Film) by Michael Ritchie